Searching for a Video Segment with a Headless Muppet Character

Armande

Reaction score
Quand j'étais jeune, j'avais vu une vidéo que je ne retrouve plus. Ça fait 2ans je la chercher mais je ne trouve rien. La vidéo contenait un muppet noir ou rouge densant sur un fond rose. Au bout d'un moment, le muppet perda ça tête, puis elle repoussa. A la fin, le muppet entra dans une coquille d'escargot et ce fut la fin. On entendaient dans la musique waka waka et des trompetes ce jouaient. Si vous savez le nom, s'il-vous-plait dites moi le nom mais pas d'image. Merci!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If there's a forum member here who can translate the previous post from French to English so we can help Armande with their request, please post it here. :search:

TheGreatCount

Reaction score
The translation: When I was young, I saw a video and I can't find it anymore. I've been searching for two years, but I've found nothing. The video had a black or red muppet dancing with a pink background. After a little bit, the muppet loses its head then it grows back. In the end, the muppet enters a snail shell and that's the end. We hear the Waka Waka music and there are trumpets playing. If anyone knows the name, please tell me the name, but no picture. Thank you!

Et cher Armande, nous ferons de notre mieux pour le trouver pour vous! Si vous avez d’autres questions, je me ferai un plaisir de traduire pour vous :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, now that I know there's a headless Muppet or a Muppet who loses their head that grows back involved, a proper search at Muppet Wiki can be done. If someone else finds it before I do, please post it here.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Somehow, there's something about the video Armande's searching for that makes me ask... Are you possibly searching for the on-stage performance of the song "Hugga Wugga"?

CL1FFXD

Reaction score
I’ve seen a bunch of muppet sketches where the muppets head flys off (mostly the “at the dance” sketches) but I’ve never seen one where it grows back. Also, whats the “waka waka” music? I’m assuming that they mean “waka waka” as in fozzie catchphrase (which is actually spelled “wocka wocka”) but what’s the music? is it the music that plays when the curtains close on fozzies act?

TheGreatCount

Reaction score
Armande, serait-ce la performance sur scène de la chanson Hugga Wugga? Pourriez-vous aussi être un peu plus précis sur la musique Waka Waka? Nous ne savons pas de quelle chanson il s’agit...

Pretty much just asked if they could be a little more specific on the music and also asked the same question as you, Count, as to whether the song could be the on-stage Hugga Wugga. The snail shell detail could also prove helpful by searching the wiki. I'll keep an eye out for that in my search

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What makes me think it might be the song "Hugga Wugga" is the portion about a character's head being blown off and another character retreating into a snail shell.

While not exactly a snail's shell, the character now known as Thingy-Thing does retract his head into his body, making Hugga Wugga lean in closer for the final verse when his own head/self gets blown up. Hope this helps, if not, good luck finding what you're searching for Armande.