Rowlf on Jimmy Dean

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I showed my mom a clip of Rowlf way back in the day, and she actually remembers him on The Jimmy Dean Show!

Does anyone else remember him, or know someone else who does?

- Billy :cool:

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Traveling Matt
Hey Guys!

I showed my mom a clip of Rowlf way back in the day, and she actually remembers him on The Jimmy Dean Show!

Does anyone else remember him, or know someone else who does?

- Billy :cool:
My dad remembers vividly. He always liked Rowlf.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I saw nearly every episode of Rowlf on Jimmy Dean at the Museum of Radio and TV in LA. Rock n Roll!!! :smile:

-Matt

wolfy

Reaction score
Rowlf on Jimmy Dean Show

Oh, heavens...do I feel OLD!

I SAW Rowlf on Jimmy Dean's show in the 1960s. He was my favorite part of the show, talking and singing with Jimmy...*sigh*

Okay, so I'm over the age of 35 ... 40 ... um, 42!

Don't kill me for that! You don't know WHAT great television and miracles you kids have missed because of this "modern age!"

(Gads...I sound like my dad! Ewwwww!)

Giggling:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

-- wolfy --

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ah you are a lucky person. I wish I could have been alive back when the greats of television were on their first runs. I often think about what I would have been like back then, and even if I would have turned into the person I am today at all. My life is an amazing series of events leading me to where I am now, and I think that even though I wasn't able to see the greatest shows of TV (or I was too young to remember them if I did), I'm glad I was born into this life, because I doubt I would be here (Here as in MuppetCentral) if I was born back then. I'm content collecting the shows I loved, and wishing for the shows I have yet to see.

Wolfy don't feel old! Your my mothers age and she's not old!! (LoL, okay I'm sorry if that is a bit offensive, I didn't mean it to be :smile:)

Oh, and I guess welcome back. I wasn't here when you were but I'm here now, and your here...I'm alright, you're alright..:big_grin:

-Matt

wolfy

Reaction score
Wolfy don't feel old! Your my mothers age and she's not old!! (LoL, okay I'm sorry if that is a bit offensive, I didn't mean it to be )
No, dear, that's all right...now clean up your room like you were told to do! Oh...I'm your mother's AGE, not your MOTHER! Sorry!:wink:

Actually, I am four years younger than my hubby, yet he can remember more shows on television that I can. He watched such things as "Roy Rodgers" and "The Lone Ranger" in their original showings, and he can remember Milton Berle's show and some of the others that were on in the early to mid-1950's!

I can remember "Texaco Star Theater," and I think the worst thing that ever happened to me was when I was 5 and watching "The Real McCoys" (yes, I watched that). It was a Halloween episode, and a witch's face came right up into the screen, a la Wicked Witch of the West from "Wizard of Oz," and scared me into the biggest scream ever. I guess I woke up my baby brother and almost made my mom have a heart attack. Taught me to sit FAR back from the television screen, though.

The other main memory I have of early television (besides the usual "Romper Room" and "Lucy" shows, was when I was at my first "daycare center." I was about 3, I guess. The older kids didn't think I should play with them, so I was to tell them when the cartoons were coming on.

I remember "Popeye" was starting, and I was yelling, "Kids! Kids! Cartoons on!" We watched "Popeye," "Baby Huey," "Casper," "Heckle and Jeckle"...all those great Harvey cartoon comics...

Yeah, Cantus...I guess I WAS pretty lucky to see those old shows.

I was also lucky to live in an age when things weren't so hectic, hurried, tense or worrysome, and Mom stayed home and took care of house nad home without having to worry about things too much (except the PTA meetings) and Dad went to work in the morning and came home at night and you never really knew what he did, but he was there, and thoughts of war, famine, hate, race and all kinds of other bad things in the world were just that...thoughts.

I lived in a very nice place that welcomed people from all walks of life, most of my friends had bikes to ride or roller skates, no one was considered richer or poorer than anyone else (and those who were poorer were as proud as those who were well off, and supposedly never knew who left the boxes of clothes and food at their doors) and we all seemed to get along just fine and dandy.

I think this was the kind of world that Jim wanted people to grow up in...a world of love, peace and harmony.

I only wish that the kids of today COULD live in that world. I know, though, that most of them cannot.

Perhaps this is why we love to escape into Jim's world. I know that it is one of the reasons I love to...

-- wolfy --

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
That's quite a nice story wolfy. Its amazing how things can change so much over the years.

My mom would always tell us that she would walk to school as a young child, just her and her best friend, in the heart of New York. No one would bother them with their little tin lunch boxes and pink winter coats. We went back to that neighborhood I believe summer of last year; the words "walk to school" would be the very last things on your mind. The area went so far down, and it made my mom quite sad. It made me sad too. I'll never know the life your era had.

I mean, I have the most wonderful family, one I thank the stars for every day and night. They let me be me, and I think I turned out okay because of that. Were not your typical American family, but we are us, and I think the spirit of the American Dream is still alive in our name. My father worked his tail off every day to be the success he is today, and my mother was his reason to push himself so. They were married at 18, and have been together ever since. We don't eat around a table and discuss the days events, but all in all I think were about as close to the good ol' America as anyone can be. Frankly, I'm bothered by the fact there are so few families like mine in the world.

It's still so amazing to me what my community really is. We live in one of the nicest areas in town. Its great around here actually, being that the inhabitants of my neighborhood aren't your typical rich people. We have just about every color, sexual orientation, and religion that you can think of all crammed into this one tiny gated area of Miramar, Florida. We couldn't be happier with our neighbors; at least, not from what the outside shows.

I talk to people, I hear things. There are some bad things going on here, I will admit. Kids doing crime, high profile drug dealers coming around the block, and all sorts of things I would never expect of a community of such nice people who have such neatly trimmed grass and wave to one another when they pass by in cars. I guess it just goes to my over all point, and that is that the good old America of the awakening television era has been lost, and it can never come back. Change, has done it in.

Gone with the waves of time, our sand doth returns to its maker. And on the hill from with I watch, I cannot be more than a stranger.

-Matt

wolfy

Reaction score
Dear Matt:

*sniff*

Your Mom and Dad must be so proud of you. I mean this with all sincerity!

I know I am...

-- wolfy --

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh thank you so very much, that means a great deal to me. There are many times where the compliments on this boards are goofy and funny, and even though I engauge in those remarks also (all the time...:smile:), it is really nice to hear a sincere compliment of praise. Now if you could only be one of my teachers...:big_grin:

Thanks so much, you've made my day. :smile:

-Matt