Rocky Horror Picture Show

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I have never seen Rocky Horror and I have been wondering what it is about. Can anyone tell me about their experiences with it if they have ever been?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Rocky Horror is fabulous...though very perculiar!!! It's based on the story of Frankenstein; havent seen it all the way through so I cant talk you through the story (it started at 12:30am and I got very tired!)

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
This movie is rather adult oriented, but it is a lot of fun. Not so much at home, I'm told, but when you go to see it at a theatre!!

Tim Curry (Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island) puts in one of his coolest performances as a mad scientist/transvestite putting together his perfect man, Frankenstein style, so he'll have someone HE can date!! This backfires later on, but I don't want to ruin the story. Let's just say, if you're too uptight, don't go knocking on strange castle doors in the middle of the night!

I won't go into all the details, but if you can get your hands on the 25th anniversary DVD, it has AMAZING special features on it, including (I suggest watching the movie a few times before trying this) turning on an audio track that simulates you sitting in a theatre watching it. You won't hear much (or any!) of the movie dialogue, but you have to know your cues on when to come in with your replies to the screen!!! Some of the replies are a bit crude and deal with mature language, though, but it's all in good fun. There are also great documentaries put together by Richard O'Brien, the creator of the musical/movie as well.

I haven't seen the anniversary disc in a few years, but I don't think it's in print anymore. Try eBay!! It's too cool.

later
eric

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
at the late night,double-feature picture show...

I've been to Rocky Horror,in the theater,11 times or so.The first time I went to see it,was in '87 with a friend.During the Rocky Horror show,you shout responses to the movie screen(audience participation),use objects(such as cards,a slice of toast,a newspaper,etc...),and do the Time Warp.There are some people,who have gone to the movie shows,dressed as their favorite characters(enacting what is on the screen).I took my mom to see the play,at a local college & I sat at the perfect spot in the audience.When Frank comes into the audience,my seat is in front of the ramp,was so cool.I've also seen the double-feature of Rocky Horror & Shock Treatment,with the President of the Rocky Horror fan club(which I'm a member) in the audience.I've seen the movie on video,over 1000 times,no kidding.Plus,I had the audience participation tape early on,and memorized the whole script verbatum.I love sitting down when I'm bored sometimes,writing out the whole script.:halo: I highly recommend getting the anniversary version on dvd.There might be a 30th anniv. version this year,try to look for it.The creator of Rocky Horror,Richard O'Brien,is trying to work on a new Rocky Horror version.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Janice, you are reminding me even moreso of my close friend, Sarah. She's absolutely obsessed!! She is in love with Patricia Quinn. And that's cool about a new version. Apparently there's a sequel, but it's supposedly very rare.

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
"The Rocky Horror Picture Show" is my favorite movie of all-time. I saw it for the first time back in 1988, at a movie theater out in Bay Shore that is now a Pier 1 Imports. I did audience participation and dressed up until early 1990. Before the official VHS came out, I paid $30 for a copy of the movie (with Japanese subtitles) at a local record store. I was pleased as punch that it included "Superheroes" at the end, since I'd only heard it on the soundtrack album until then. And I was further thrilled years later, when they included most of "Once in a While" on a special edition VHS and the DVD. Speaking of the DVD, the segment where Richard O'Brien gives a tour of the castle and sings some songs on acoustic guitar is probably the greatest bonus feature I've ever seen in my entire life. As for "Shock Treatment," it has a few good songs but is nowhere near as wonderful as "Rocky Horror." I had the pleasure of meeting Patricia Quinn last year at Chiller Con, and I must say she's one of the most charming, friendly people I could ever hope to meet. She made sure that we got several pictures taken with her, which I've never seen anyone do before. Which reminds me, I still need to buy a frame for the autographed picture I bought from her. As for a sequel, "Revenge of the Old Queen" was written but is supposedly on the permanent backburner. Another sequel, which is still based on the original idea for a sequel (before "Shock Treatment" was made) is reportedly still in the works. This idea was originally titled "Rocky Horror Shows His Heels."

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Hmm, looks like I'll have to go when they show it at my local theater. Instead of dressing like one of the characters I was thinking of dressing up a Cat from Cats. I didn't know if that would boad well with the regulars or not.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
give me an R-O-C-K-Y!what does it spell

TuttertheMouse said:
"Shock Treatment!!!" That's what it's called- I forgot!!
Yup,that's what it's called alright.I forgot also,that I had the video game for the C64 too;that was good fun.There's a few movies that have Rocky Horror references to:confused:ne is Valley Girl,the main cast drives by a movie theater with Rocky Horror on the marquee & in the movie Fame too(Sal Piro appears in one RH scene,giving a part. button to a member).I just remembered,there is a RH poster in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.:big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Is it true that this show has Nicolous Parsons in it? I can't believe that. is it true?

__

Nickerless parson movie in de flergumg?