Robin halfway down the stairs

robinfan

Reaction score
Hi all

This is my first post to this forum I was hoping that someone could tell me which dvd Robins classic "halfway down the stairs" clip is on please? I am in the UK and really keen to get a copy of this!:smile:

robinfan

Reaction score
Thanks!

Hi thanks for that info! I am now looking into buying it! Cheers for your help!:smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Which version is on the DVD, the blue background or the yellow background? Hoping for yellow, I never liked the blue.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Jerry also performs it at the funeral. Robin's not there, it's just him, though.

Jon

Reaction score
Yes it's the yellow, The blue was used for "Top of the Pops"...i think.

Jon

Reaction score
I've just watched it again, the lighting is a combination of purple, blue and pale yellow. Is this the TOTP version? Did the yellow version precede it?

Any help?
Thanks!:confused:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
They did two versions for the show, one was mostly blue and purple (as seen on Nickelodeon), the other yellow and black (as seen on "Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets"). The live version on TOTP had a red background.

I've always preferred the yellow and black, myself- it has a warmer look and feel to it, a glow.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

anathema

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
...the other yellow and black (as seen on "Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets").
And also in the original broadcast version of the show. I don't know when it was re-edited to use the blue version - or why - but it probably occurred some time after 1983, as I have an original copy of the ep dated '83 which definitely uses the yellow version.

Strangely enough, it only seems to have been a video edit - if you lay the picture from one version of the ep against the sound from the other, everything lines up perfectly...