RIP: Frank Gorscht

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just heard it on the radio earlier today, that this truly talented man died on Tuesday 5/17/2005.

His most memorable character was The Riddler from the 60's Batman TV show, though he returned to portray Clockwise on the Sci-Fi channel's short-lived Black Scorpion.
His laugh will live in infamy and his question-mark clad clothes will hopefully inspire a new slue of comic book villains to look to their past with respect.
One of my fave Batman villains, RIP.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, and thanks for correcting the last name D. That's always been one of the toughies for me.
Kind of timely that the Riddler will be the featured villain on this week's new episode of The Batman on the WB.

Did you ever see him as Clockwise though? There was a segment where he cracked his classic laugh while threatening the city. There were rumors of him and Adam West teaming up to be the baddies in a third Black Scorpion movie, but it never materialized.

McFraggle

Reaction score
RIP Frank. :sympathy: I agree with you guys, one of my favorite Bat baddies. The Riddler is one of the most underrated ones in my opinion.