Richard Hunt in the Dudley Moore episode

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Did richard hunt have limited availibility in the Dudley Moore episode of the Muppet Show?

In that episode, the only characters that he vocally performed were Statler (whose scenes were all in the balcony and could have been tapped in less than ten minutes) and Scooter (in the cold opening). The episode focused on the electric mayhem but janice didn't have any lines at all (and neither did zoot, but I think the reasons obvious). Richard Hunt also didn't voice any non-regular characters. he didn't perform any of the bugs in the opening number, and he didn't have any characters in at The dance.

I mean, except for the cold opening and the good nights, Scooter didn't appear in the episode, so he didn't get in the way of allowing janice to speak. Janice (and Dr. Teeth) could and should have joined Floyd and Animal when they visited Dudley Moore in his dressing room. Heck, Zoot could have been in that scene and had some lines.

So, does anybody know what the deal is? or will I have to wait for season four to come out on DVD and hope that an explanation is found in one of the muppet morsels?

Frogster

Reaction score
I think this was more primarily a Floyd episode than it was an EM episode. I mean, despite the leader's Dr. Teeth, Floyd's the guy who's always been front and center.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Frogster said:
I think this was more primarily a Floyd episode than it was an EM episode. I mean, despite the leader's Dr. Teeth, Floyd's the guy who's always been front and center.
Still, I think that Janice could have at least had some lines. Scooter never appeared backstage in this episode, and she also could have spoken in dudley moores first number, which was also the only scene where dr. teeth spoke in the entire episode.

I wish that they all joined floyd and animal in the dressing room. kermit wasn't there, so that wouldn't have prevented any lines for dr. teeth, and scooter wasn't there, so janice could have talked.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I sort of agree with Minor Muppets. I've noticed that none of Richard's characters had speaking lines in that one other than Statler, or the breif scene with Scooter. Maybe he was ill or away when that ep was made.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Maybe he was ill or away when that ep was made.
Maybe he caught Linda Lavin's nasty cold (she was the guest the previous week, and in "Of Muppets and Men" talks about having a bad cold during her taping).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

AAO

Reaction score
Or he could have even have the week off and they filmed all of Richard's stuff first. You never know. Television sure is tricky. I remember one episode of "All in the Family". Archie and Meathead were stuck in that closet all night - the reason that episode was written was because "Edith & Gloria" - forgot their real names...anyway, they had the week off...Maybe that was why Richard wasn't on that episode a lot.. :flirt: :eek: :boo:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
AAO said:
I remember one episode of "All in the Family". Archie and Meathead were stuck in that closet all night - the reason that episode was written was because "Edith & Gloria" - forgot their real names...anyway, they had the week off.
You are right about the names.

AAO

Reaction score
Ok...what was the actor's names though. "Edith" was on The Muppet Show! I just ... WAIT! I remember now, Jean Stapleton. "Gloria" ... gosh! Lost her name....she went on to do a voice over as the female character on Tale Spin. But anyway, the Richard Hunt thing could be he may have took off for the week or maybe another project wsa in the mix. By the way, I think that episode is my 2nd favorite. My favorite scene is where Kermit and Piggy are in the dressing room and the music machine makes the background music...It's hilarouis how Piggy doesn't want Kermit to leave, for there's something "Eeeevil" behind the door. - It ends up being Dudley's music machine ... hilarious Muppets!

P

Philip Kippel

According to www.kermitage.com, Richard performed one of the bugs in the bug band. So that makes two Richard characters that spoke in the Dudley Moore episode: Scooter and bug band member #2.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
But if you listen to their voices, clearly they're performed by Jim, Jerry, Dave and Steve.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole