Richard Hunt doing Piggy

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
In the Rita Moreno episode Richard was doing Piggy for the first 10 minutes of the episode. Even in vets hospital when Ruchard was Piggy and Frank was Fozzie, I wanted to get in the television set and show the performers a clip of a later vets hospital sketch and have Frank switch to Piggy and have Ricjard switch to Janice.

It also seemed weired hearing Hunt's Piggy talking to Eren's Janice.

ryan

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
According to the muppet morsels,when the puppeteers had to perform more than 1 puppet in a sketch,either another puppeteer worked the 2nd character or the voice was prerecorded.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Richard's Piggy sounded like Glady's the cow from Sesame Street.

ryan

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember in a Vet's Hospital sketch. Richard was doing Miss. Piggy while Frank was voicing Fozzie.

And in those pannel discussion skits. Richard did Piggy while Frank did Sam the Eagle.

And in the early shows when they wanted Fozzie and Piggy in a scene. Richard did Piggy while Frank did Fozzie.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Wait till you get to the Harvey Korman episode- Richard performs Piggy all the way through, even when Frank is performing a one-shot character (i.e. not one of his regulars). Shows that they really were trying to give Piggy to Richard and not Frank, at least in those early days when she was a background player (who needed no permanent voice performer).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I wonder if Frank didn't want to do Piggy or that Richard wanted to do Piggy or somebody else wanted either Frank or Richard to do Piggy.

Would be a good question to ask somebody like Frank Oz.

ryan

Effralyo

Reaction score
*Slips in with off-top*
..And Gard is already first time on scene... :smile: :wink:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, so far I've only heard Richard's Piggy in the Juliet Prowse and Rita Moreno eps. It is a bit strange hearing her sound like that. I sort of consider the voice more like Richard's Janice without the valley girl accent. But I do hear Gladys in there, or even Don Music. No offense to the people who wrote the guides online, but they don't always clarify who's performing Piggy in what scene, so I look forward to getting the DVD so I can see which Piggy is Frank's and which is Richards. Especially in the opening joke in the Kaye Ballard ep. It seems like they were giving Piggy to Frank by that time, but I think it could have been Richard performing her while Frank was performing Fozzie. I've been thinking a lot about that one.
I also find it interesting that I read that the reason they had Richard's Piggy sing is because they thought he was more vocally talented for that. However, I think Frank's vocally talented too. After all, he was the one who had Bert do the pigeon and said "C is for Cookie." Not to mention some later songs by Piggy. (Ex: "Never Before, Never Again," "Trees," "Pig Calypaso") Still according to what I read it does seem like they were going to give Piggy to Richard full-time. I wonder what made the writers change their minds.