review of daredevil

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
ok, after looking at a lot of reviews for this movie i was debating if i should go see this movie. this movie has gottena lot of bad reviews but i decided to go see it anyway because it looked good. i'm not going to give anything away...plus it was valentines day and i had nothing else to do anyways...

so here we go..

daredevil is about a blind person who becomes a crime fighter bringing justice to the world. the movie starts out with the daredevil in a church showing a flash back of his childhood life all the way to the point where he meets jennifer garners character and fighting bullseye, and then coming into the church to where the movie started..and then he goes to fight the kingpin..but i won't tell you how it ends...

the cast-
ben affleck's portrayal of the daredevil is convincible to where he tries to fight for good and justice and to protect a promise his dad and he made to each other when he was younger..

jennifer garner- as elektra natchios, she was affleck's love interest in the movie, of course, who wanted to get the person resonsible for her fathers death, and i might add she looked great in the movie! her character was only seen briefly, and i kind of felt empty because her character wasn't explored that much..oh well

micheal clark ducan- he was great in the role as the kingpin, displaying an evil presence whose sole purpose was to be powerful and crush his enemies

colin farrell- his character, bullseye, was fun to watch...he was a crazy/funny madman who wanted to get even with the daredevil...bullseye's name comes from him hitting people with various objects to where he's using them as a dart board, and he says bulls eye when he hits his targets and kills them....hence the name..

jon favreau- and i can't forget about his character frank nelson. he was great and quite funny as ben afflecks best friend and lawyer parnter....his character thought that the name elktra natchios sounds more like a mexican food dish!

summing it up- daradevil, despite some really bad reviews, makes for a entertaining movie, although there's some plot holes here and there..i suspect a sequel within the next few years...
3 out of 4 stars....

ryan

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm tempted to see this...but I really REALLY don't like Ben Affleck. And I don't have much Daredevil knowledge. I'm looking forward to Hulk and X-Men 2 more than Daredevil.

Should I see it? Wait for DVD? Melissa doesn't want to see it, and she still needs to see The Two Towers and Chicago, so I suspect we'll se those before we see anything with Ben.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
quinn,

i don't care for ben affleck at all, nor do i know anything about the daredevil comics, but i went to go see the movie just for the heck of it because i wanted to just be entertained, and i was.

as for the two towers and chicago, go see both of those movies within the next few weeks and let the daredevil crowd die down. if i were you i would go see the two towers first because it's a great movie and then go see chicago. i've seen both and they're great, but i liked the two towers better!

ryan

Gonzo

Reaction score
I've seen Two Towers, but Melissa didn't want to, so I saw it with some friends instead...then after I liked it so much, she wanted to see it. Women! Yeah, we'll definitely be seeing both of those in the next two weeks or so. I hope.

Never should have lost that job that had the free movie passes.

:mad:

Quinnnnnnnnnn

beaker

Reaction score
Ehh, Ive given up on Marvel comic films after being bored to tears with Blade 2 and Spiderman last year. I dunno, Xmen 2 and Hulk could be good, have zero desire to see DD. The only 3 films Im talking about this year are the double duex ex machine of Matrix glory and LOTR ROTK(So I can finally see how that sucker ends) T3 is starting to look downright embarassing. And that trailer for League of Extrordinary Gentlement...yikes!

LOTR TTT though....mmm, now thats good stuff.

*me, who can watch LOTR TTT whenever he wants* ^_^

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the deal with spiderman and x-men was that they were trying to introduce the characters to the audience, so that's why the movies were boring. the 2nd movie is supposed to have more action and a better story to it....example starwars the phanton menace was kind of boring because they were introducing the characters and all, and then attack of the clones comes out and it has a better story and more action...

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ah, I have very little desire to see Daredevil. I'll catch it when it comes out to DVD.

I liked Spiderman, but, there's one thing I don't get. These movies (Spiderman, Daredevil) do so well in the box office, but, why? If they didn't already have a major fan base, they would have bombed! Spiderman was cheesey. It was a plate of cheese with extra cheese and parmasian. (beign part Italian and not knowing how to spell parmassian is not a good thing)

I jsut don't get it. Both movies were/look like alot of punches, kicks, and no story.

Er, I know it doesn't sound it, but I did like Spiderman. I just don't understand how it did so well in the theater.

Kye

Reaction score
Spiderman did well in the theatres because we all had high hopes and were let down... but a majority saw it in a theatre...because it was spidey...It was kept alive in the box office because of one tiny reason... the same reason that will keep DD afloat.. 8-14 year old boys who wouldnt miss a superheroe movie. The only reason I want to see DD is because of Jennifer Garner... Yikes, I cant even think about her and type at the same time... My wife can drool over ben affleck poor acting habits all she wants.. But my little alias star in leather almost makes it worth the 8 bucks. (16 with wife)..(25 after popcorn) (47 after dinner too) :embarrassed: nevermind I'll just watch alias on sundays and rent it with the rest of the word.. Mac n cheese, movie rental...(7 bucks):wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
going to the movies to go see daredevil-8 dollars
going to the movies to go see daredevil with your wife-16 dollars
going to the movies to go see daredevil with your wife and get popcorn and a coke-25 dollars
going to the movies to go see daredevil and get popcorn and a coke and going to eat at a restaurant with your wife-50 dollars
realizing that you just don't want to pay all of that money on one night-priceless..

ryan