Replica Miss Piggy Build

callmemilo

Reaction score
My first puppet build of 2020 is an ambitious one that I've been wanting to attempt for ages now -- Miss Piggy!

I'm tackling the biggest issue first.... Piggy's head. As I don't have access to foam latex, or even a big enough oven to cook a full size head, my Piggy is going to be a fleece covered upholstery foam creation. To get started I'm using a technique learned from Adam Kreutinger, making a plasticine sculpture of the head which I can use to start drafting patterns for the foam. I think I've managed to get a good balance of Piggy's proportions, but would love to get some feedback.

Naturally I've only put the effort into finessing one side of her face, as I'll just mirror the pattern I make from the side I'm working with.

What do you guys think? Does she look like she's on the right track?

callmemilo

Reaction score
Looks pretty good to me.

How goes the project?
Thanks Dylan!

Yeah she’s coming along slowly but surely. Gave her a temporary skin made of polar fleece before I start buying and cutting any nylon fleece.

Think I need to alter the foam pattern to give her a slightly more open and expressive mouth, but shape-wise overall I’m pretty happy.

dylan

Reaction score
I love that head. Are you going to share the pattern? Your eye for detail is amazing.

callmemilo

Reaction score
I love that head. Are you going to share the pattern? Your eye for detail is amazing.
Thanks man! I've still got some further refining to do... might get some softer foam and attempt a second version with a couple corrections.

I'm definitely considering, once I've worked out all the kinks, making a PDF version of the patterns available to purchase. No idea what I'd charge for it though.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
That's awesome. I've wanted to build a Piggy for along time now