Reminder: Bear in the Big Blue Square (maybe)

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well, this upcoming week will be the week that Henson initially announced that Bear in the Big Blue House would be on Hollywood Squares...

...however he was on this last week (at least he was Tuesday-Friday, i didn't see Monday's show or hear from anyone that he was on it), so it's possible that his week was switched or hopefully he'll be on this week as well.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DW,

Thanks for this reminder. Yeah, it will be interesting to see if Bear is on the show this week or not, or if www.henson.com didn't update the appearance dates. Bear isn't listed as a guest on the Hollywood Squares Web site, but there are only three quests listed so he could still be on. If you see the show today, let us know if he's on or not.

Also, for you guys that saw Bear last week, what did you think of the appearance? What were some of the best moments?

muppetchick

Reaction score
I did see the show for thirty seconds before I had to leave for work last friday. He was cute as usual.

Foreignman

Reaction score
I saw Bear on a couple of weeks ago to. It seemed pretty set up, though, one of the questions was "In the story Goldilocks and the Three Bears which bear's soup was too hot?" Bear responded humerously, talking about how he was the baby bear and how traumatic the whole experience was, but I couldn't help wonder how staged everything was.:confused:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
I saw Bear on a couple of weeks ago to. It seemed pretty set up, though, one of the questions was "In the story Goldilocks and the Three Bears which bear's soup was too hot?" Bear responded humerously, talking about how he was the baby bear and how traumatic the whole experience was, but I couldn't help wonder how staged everything was.:confused:
Actually, I get that feeling whenever a Muppet is on.

Whenever Kermit is on, there are TONS of questions about frogs, pigs, and Sesame Street.

Then again, I don't normally watch Hollywood Squares, so maybe there are always questions about frogs, pigs, and Sesame Street...

Foreignman

Reaction score
Very good point! Actually a little known fact is that Whoopi Goldberg is actually a Muppet. That's right, she was originally an anything muppet on the Muppet Show. You can see her in a few episodes of Veterinarians Hospital.