Remember the Spice Girls?

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I was just watching my tape of "Spice World" theat I found and I am a lil' hooked on them again! Did you have a fave song? Mine is "Spice Up Your Life".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well at the time I really disliked them. They were just kinda fluffy pop and nothing more, plus questionable role models for girls (plus their film was basically a copy of the Beatles' first film!). But looking back their songs were very pleasant and catchy. And while I could have done without some of the outfits, I'm glad they gave little girls personalities to look up to (something they rarely get) and an ideal of friendship and girl power. :flirt: :mad: :excited:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yep, I remember 'em. Even rented Spice World to see what all the fuss was about.

At the time you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing one of their songs.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I didn't mind them. But I love that movie. It's actually pretty good and very funny!:zany:

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh yeah... I remember Spice Girls- totally '90s! Haha, I'm not a big fan of their's, but i don't mind their music and I actually have a lot of their merchendise including all 5 SG Barbie dolls, a watch, stationairy (I'm the only girl at school with a Spice Girl pencil case... perty cool, hey? :wink:) and loads of other things which are quite hard to find nowdays. They're movie was cool but I agree with Heralde, I thought it was copying the first beatle film. But still, I enjoy the Spice Girls and think they're a lot of fun. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh man, I totally was in to the Spice Girls, my friends used to make fun of me SOOOOO bad! I had the dolls too, I was at the height of figure collecting and they seemed an obvious choice. My sister, who was a tween when they were out, practically based her whole life around them and we even played the Spice Girls video game for PS1.

My buds and saw the film in theaters, and was surprised that it wasn't bad. Our main draw was Mark McKinney from "Kids In The Hall" and the fact that all the girls were so hot.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, I was just the other day looking through one of my CD holders, and I found the one of theirs I bought once apon a time. I did like a lot of their songs, but I find it a bit embarrassing, because I always prided myself inn not being that fluffy, popular sort! Heck, I even saw the movie in the theater and enjoyed it!
I think it's very funny now that at this point in the game, they've become a part of retro popculture history!
:crazy:

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
I have to admit I was into the first song when it came out. I was living with a couple roomates and we used to crank up the radio when it came on. Two guys in their twenties driving around singing a Spice Girls song. And I may have had a little crush on Baby Spice. I still enjoy hearing their songs when they come on, but I never went as far as purchasing any of their CDs.