Redesigned Muppets for "The Muppets" movie

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Nope, it's his third puppet. He looked like le poop in Letters to Santa, so they must have rebuilt him. He's more pear shaped, compared to his hulking fat man version or his sack puppet version. And he never was very expressive. These two new tweaks are AWESOME for the puppet.

blackaerin

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth's eyelids/sunglasses have been bothering me for a while now, the way they fall too far down so that the pupils show up in the glasses area thus breaking the illusion that they are his eyelids.

Fozzie's gray eyebrows are very distracting and his head seems a little squashed and if you look closely, the gap between his eyes is a little too far apart.

Gonzo seems to have lost his manic eyes and reverted back to droopy sleepy eyes. If they widened more often, it probably wouldn't be that bad, but we haven't seen Gonzo do anything particularly of epic crazy proportions lately. (Aside from his one stint on the roof during the movie, that was the only time he seemed to channel pure Gonzo.)

I'm not happy with Sam's puppet, he was a lot more vibrant when his hair was shorter and his beak, his unibrow, and I think his head was narrower. And for the movie, his moving eyeballs could be smoother too.

Overall, I agree with the sentiment that the puppets seem a bit tame and dare I say stiff compared to the scruffy flexibility we see in the show. Maybe it's the high quality of filming that attempt to make the puppets bright.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I thought Fozzie and Animal looked a little "off" but I was really disappointed with the way Gonzo looked. He's my favorite Muppet and something just seemed very "off" about him in the movie, I think mostly due to the way he looked.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think there's some call for a more uniform Gonzo nose. That seems to be the problem in my view.

But the thing about these new movie puppets is that they're improvements over some of the viral video ones.

On the plus side, Piggy has been looking awful for years. Especially flat hair, fat face Piggy. While the movie Piggy doesn't have the same early 80's Piggy Puppet look, she hasn't looked this good in years.

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
I haven't taken the time to truly observe the current designs of the characters, but from what I can recall, the all look fine to me. However, there's something about the face of Piggy's photo Muppet that look kinda weird compared to her arm rod form...It could just be the fact that she is her photo Muppet; so she's going to seem a bit stiffer in comparison, but guess it's just the hairdo that's throwing me off...

While trying to find a picture, I noticed they made Kermit's tongue a little too long:

This must have been one of the earlier poster they put together, since the problem is corrected in the other posers I've seen.