Recycling UK skits

anathema

Reaction score
Which UK skits were later re-used as regular sections of other shows? I know that "New York State Of Mind" from the Madeline Kahn show was repeated in the Kris Kristofferson/Rita Coolidge show. Were there any others?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
In the Kris Kristofferson/Rita Coolidge show Fozzie sings "An Actor's Life for Me" and that song was used as a UK Skit on the Pearl Bailey episode

Hope it helps :big_grin:

anathema

Reaction score
Thanks! Interesting that they reused something that quickly...

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
anathema said:
Thanks! Interesting that they reused something that quickly...
Probaly to fill the time on the episode, like "MUPPET NEWS :There is no news tonight!" used in Rita Moreno show and re-used again in Avery Schreiber show :confused:

anathema

Reaction score
Of course, the Pearl Bailey show aired in the US *before* the Kristofferson/Coolidge one.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hmmm. It's weird that they reused so many skits for the Kristofferson/Coolidge episode.

Ryan

Reaction score
I have a feeling they had less time to make that one, resulting in reused skits.

Joggy

Reaction score
Not really a reuse, but in the Phyllis George episode Rowlf did a new version of "You and I and George", which he sang in the UK spot from the Juliet Prowse episode.

mattyboy

Reaction score
In one of my "Radio Times: Guide to comedy" it says that season 2 aired 28 episodes and I compared it to the other seasons and it does work out to 120 episodes aired at the original time of release. So, I imagine that the first 4 episodes of series 3 was shown on TV straight after the end of season 2 - this could possibly show that the Kris Kristofferson/Rita Coolidge episode needed to quickly put editing together for it to be shown - hence the re-use of classic already shown clips.

anathema

Reaction score
mattyboy said:
In one of my "Radio Times: Guide to comedy" it says that season 2 aired 28 episodes and I compared it to the other seasons and it does work out to 120 episodes aired at the original time of release. So, I imagine that the first 4 episodes of series 3 was shown on TV straight after the end of season 2 - this could possibly show that the Kris Kristofferson/Rita Coolidge episode needed to quickly put editing together for it to be shown - hence the re-use of classic already shown clips.
That's a possibility, yes. However, I have a tx date for the Kristofferson/Coolidge show - it was aired in December 1978, which makes it part of the Season 3 transmission block.