Recurring voices in animated segments

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I have noticed, after viewing several clips of animated inserts, there have been character voices that appeared in multiple segments that are not listed on Muppet Wiki because the voice actor was never identified. Some voice actors/actresses were notable for their work with Hanna-Barbera as well.

I know about Casey Kasem narrating the "B for Bandit", "G for Goat" and "F for Fly and Frog", and voicing a character in "Q for Quarter" (who, I would think, sounded almost similar to Scooby-Doo's Shaggy) and "R for Radio" (though the latter is debatable, since that man's voice doesn't sound anything like Casey, and Muppet Wiki lists Casey as the voice actor). Aside from Shaggy, he also voiced Batman's sidekick, Robin, from Superfriends - who was also heard in several of the Batman and Robin segments on Sesame Street, which were produced four years before Superfriends premiered on ABC.

Gary Owens played "the voice from beyond" in the "D Commercial" and "J Commercial" segments, but I am not sure about the "L" version. He also voiced on the "Today's Secret Drawing" segments, and even voiced the short man in the "H for Hello" segment. He is most known for voicing Space Ghost.

Daws Butler lent his voice to the "J Train", the mad scientist in the "Frankenstein" letter "F" segment, a man in the "words that rhyme with ball" segment, the man who hated frogs, and the three balls that compare sizes segment - which was aired only a few years prior to Daws' death. He was known for voicing Snagglepuss, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, and The Funky Phantom.

Kathy Gori lent her voice to the women in the musical segments "If You Lost Your L, Look Around" and "It's a Lovely Eleven Morning", if I recall. Oddly enough, Muppet Wiki does not list it on its episode guides. She voiced Rosemary on Hong Kong Phooey.

The voice in "The King of Eight" and "The Queen of Six" is the same one heard in "Now Then... a Count of Ten" and "A Count of Four" (though the latter could be considered the unofficial title, even though such phrase was never mentioned anywhere in the segment, unlike the 10 segment, but was the same style of computer animation, minus "the face").

Several cast members lent their voice or narrated animated segments. Northern Calloway (David) was one example: He narrated the shapes in space segments, along with the letter "S" story "Six snakes spent Saturday on the sand", and maybe other animated segments. Maria and Gordon did voiceovers on some animated segments, if I recall.

While the voice actor is unknown, I did draw a comparison between the guy alongside a cuckoo clock who wore dark glasses and a sweater with the number three on it, and one of the construction workers in "The D Building" segment. The male voice in those segments sounds very similar.

Are there any other segments in which the voices sound alike or have recurring voice actors, whether the voice actor is known or not? And this topic applies to more than just Hanna-Barbera voice actors.

Last edited:

crackmaster

Reaction score
First of all, I darn wish Keith Andes did a voice on Sesame Street. (He's most known for voicing Birdman.)

Second, I think the narrator of (excuse me for bringing this up for the thousandth time) Ken Brown and Lisa Crafts' "AT" and the narrator of "A Zerkle Named Dan" sound similar, but since the Jake segment was narrated by Paul Jacobs, the Dan segment must have been narrated by Paul Jacobs as well. I don't know why Paul Jacobs sounds like Scott Getchell in the Dan segment, but he does.

crackmaster

Reaction score
The voice in "The King of Eight" and "The Queen of Six" is the same one heard in "Now Then... a Count of Ten" and "A Count of Four" (though the latter could be considered the unofficial title, even though such phrase was never mentioned anywhere in the segment, unlike the 10 segment, but was the same style of computer animation, minus "the face").
It almost sounds like Ken Nordine to me... (He's like Scott Getchell, but with a deeper voice, and he was everywhere in the 80s when they needed a dramatic narration, unlike Scott, who was only local.)