Rebuilt Kermit for MWoO

P

Princeton

I read that for his role as the Scarecrow, Kermit was rebuilt with green burlap as opposed to green felt. Anyone know why?

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I think the reason for that was,in the original version of WoO from 1939... Part of the Scarecrow's face was burlap,and I guess they wanted to do the same for Kermit's.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Scarecrow of Oz has a burlap head. It's in one of the Oz books someplace.

It isn't felt for the normal head either, it's fleece.

They remained true to a BUNCH of information in MWoO from the original book, which was awesome and the closest translation to the book ever.

P

Princeton

Have any of the other Muppets been rebuilt specifically for a movie? If so, which Muppet and which movie?

P.S.: My 600th post!:excited:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I can't answer your question but congratulations on your 600th post.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Well, from the same movie, Fozzie and Gonzo as Cowardly Lion and Tin Thing were brand new. Also the younger Kermit from KSY, plus the "wooden" Statler and Waldorf from MTI.

That's all I can think of right now. :stick_out_tongue:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
What about when Animal eats the pill that makes him gigantic in TMM? I guess thats just a giant head though.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
We can't forget the younger verisons of Statler and Waldorf from KSY and from Muppet Christmas Carol.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
What about in MTI when Gonzo had his arms and legs stretched out by the pirates? I'm sure they had to have a special gonzo just for that.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
What about in MTI when Gonzo had his arms and legs stretched out by the pirates? I'm sure they had to have a special gonzo just for that.
That was also done in the John Cleese episode of The Muppet Show.

Also since all the rebuild Muppets from the 2005 Muppets Wizard of Oz was mention, it should also be mention the 1981 special "The Muppets go to the Movies" Gonzo as the tin-man, Fozzie as the Lion and Scooter as the Scarecrow. Fozzie and Gonzo didn't look like the same than as they did in the 2005 movie.