Rainbow Connection: happy or sad?

P

Princeton

This thread is based on a query by a forum member at imdb.com. I was unable to view it, but the title in itself poses a very good question. All this time, I just saw it as Kermit's signiture song. But, what do y'all think; is RC a happy or sad song?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh. Good question. It sounds sort of bittersweet, but I think it gives alot of hope. Like, we can change and become better people, and strive for the future. So i have to say that it is a happy song.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
It always makes me feel wistful. So does Gonzo's "I'm going to go back there someday."

Leyla

Reaction score
I'm also going to go with the middle of the road and say poignant. Ditto for "I'm going to go back there someday," which frequently puts me in tears, with a smile on my face.

And now they are both stuck in my head. I miss the days when the Muppets sang more that one song in a movie.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
It's a song that hopes for people to find their dreams. So I think it's a happy song because it encourages people to go find out what they want to do in life, and ya can't be all doom and gloom when trying to find what you want to do in life.

ryan

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
for me its... both! I'm tryin to get my brother to play it on his guitar and dad to play it on banjo... but they need a surtin one b/c they can't read some note or need some note or somthin like that! :smirk: