R.I.P John Korty

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just found out today and no one’s posted about it on here, but John Korty passed away last week at the age of 85. You may know of his work on Sesame Street, including the never seen in English in years (yet) Thelma Thumb cartoons

You may also know of his very underrated live-action/stop motion movie from the early 80s, Twice Upon a Time:

Speaking of which, I think its catchy opening song by Bruce Hornsby seems appropriate to listen to right now:

This one hit me hard 😞

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
My favorite of Korty's segments are "Pat the Pilot" and "Q for Quiet". Did Korty ever do any number segments?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Not that I know of.

But yeah, between Emilio and now this, March 2022 has been a hard month for SST fans. Rest In Peace to both of them.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
So, after the recent passing of John Korty, it appears, as per Muppet Wiki, that minimal number of animators from the 1970s are still with us. I did find out that Etienne Delessert (animator for the "morphing faces" and the song segment about a minstrel and a crow), and Al Jarnow (animator for "Y for Yakity-yakity-yak" and "blocks forming a city") are reportedly still with us. Are there other animators from the 1970s I missed that are still with us?