Question On A Muppet Show Episode

Schpoompie

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm looking to find out if anyone knows off the top of their head which episode it was that Fozzie keeps answering the phone in the theater and something different happens each time?

One time he answers and smoke comes out and he says it's the fire department, one time coins come out and he says it's Vegas, etc.

We've got the collection on VHS and just can't remember which tape it's on, thought this might be quicker!

Thanks for your help :confused:

peyjenk

Reaction score
Is it Rita Moreno? I was thinking Candice Bergen....

Oh, wait, the Bergen episode was the "Delivery for Kermit the Frog, are you Kermit the Frog?" running gag. Maybe it was Rita Moreno....

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yup, Animal is on his way out to the stage when he "helps" end the gag by ripping the phone off the wall. :halo:

Speaking of which, that was a real, real old style phone. And I guess they needed it for the bit, but weren't those style of phones phased out by the rotary phones eons before this episode aired?
Well, the Muppet Theatre is supposedly old, right? I'm assuming the phone was added when the theatre was built, and was just never updated. Just a guess...:wink:

ploobis

Reaction score
Yup, Animal is on his way out to the stage when he "helps" end the gag by ripping the phone off the wall. :halo:

Speaking of which, that was a real, real old style phone. And I guess they needed it for the bit, but weren't those style of phones phased out by the rotary phones eons before this episode aired?
:embarrassed: "Well, I guess that puts an end to this running gag".

:smile: "Yeah, And also to all the incoming calls".