Question about The Gambler

mupquest

Reaction score
Hello ! Can anyone remember a Muppets episode where Statler/Waldorf are ghosts on a train? I saw it as a child and all I remember are these two puppets on a train (I think) and they show their full puppet bodies. Can anyone remember any episode or Muppet movie that had this scene in it ?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to MC. I believe you may be thinking of the Old Men, two puppets collectively known as such, from the Muppet Show's dramatization of Kenny Rogers's song, "The Gambler" and not Statler and Waldorf. You can find the sketch accompanying the song in the TMS episode gueststarring Kenny Rogers himself, not sure if it's available in the complete Season 3 box set or if it's from Season 4 and therefore found in the Time-Life Best of TMS DVD series. At any rate, hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I do believe it is from season 4 Ed. So hopefully it won't be too long before it's released. Though you can track it down with Timelife through some diligent searching of course.
Clever number too from what I can remember.

mupquest

Reaction score
Thank you both for the information. I found the video and played it online. I could have sworn it was one of the balcony guys, but, obviously it was not. It is still scary just the same. Those old-looking puppets, while funny sometimes, are scary looking in my opinion. And turning one into a dancing ghost could give you nightmares ! :boo: So, there are no other episodes with Statler/Waldorf as ghosts ?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I don't think so, although our friends from the balcony do play the ghosts of brothers Jacob and Robert Marley in the Muppet Christmas Carol.