Puppet Club

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Wahh! I'm soo happy today!
I'm joining a puppetry club here in Ontario (VERY hard to find), and they're going to teach me how to make puppets and in most times, perform puppet shows! The club happens once a month, and the first one I'm going to is on June 24th, 02', so that will be really really really exciting for me :big_grin:

Another thing today is, I heard from my art teacher that she has a huge bunch of boxes with nothing but materials in the kilm room, and I picked out the best materials. She didn't know what to do with them, so she let me pick around at them. I got big furry red, dark brown and black materials, plus white fluffy lamb material and long stringy white fluff material. Its sooo great! I can just imagine how many muppets I could make out of that!!!

I think the best thing that could happen to me is if the puppet club is asking for performers, I'de definately want to join it!!!

I'll keep you updated :smile::smile:

~fluff~

Iggy35

Reaction score
Nice one, Fluff.
I'm sure you'll teach them a thing or two! :stick_out_tongue:
Wish they did stuff like that round near me ... would be ace!!

IGGY35

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi Fluff Muppet,

Which club here in Ontario did you join? If you haven't already, you should join the Ontario Puppetry Association. For $30 / yr you get their newsletter, attend meetings and meet other puppeteers (both pros and beginners) and get special deals on courses and things like that.

You should also check out The Toronto School of Puppetry if you want to learn more. They have a website listed on the Puppetry Homepage (www.sagecraft.com/puppetry).

Nice to know there is another Canuck around Muppet Central.

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Thanks! I don't think that is the one I joined, but I should definately look into it!

Thanks for the insight! Go Canadians!

doctort13

Reaction score
Puppeteers of America

You may also want to look into joining Puppeteers of America. It was founded in 1937 and has members all over the world.
Look at the web page: http://www.puppeteers.org

I am the newsletter editor of the Cincinnati Area Puppetry Guild, and a member of Puppeteers of America. Have fun in your puppetry club.

t3rry