Pigs in Space wasn't realy exploited

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like Pigs in Space is one of the most popular Muppet Show sketches, and yet it seems like Jim Henson didn't really take advantage of the sketches popularity. I was looking at the Muppet Wiki page for Pigs in Space, and under the merchandise list it appears that only one Pigs in Space product was released during the run of The Muppet Show, with most othe rproducts coming later (of course, there was probably a poster made during that time). Pretty much all Muppet merchandise made during The Muppet Show was of Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, and Animal. Very few Piggy products depicted her in her Swinetrek uniform. But I feel like the late 1970s would have been the best time to have produced Pigs in Space merchandise.

dwmckim

Reaction score
While Muppet Wiki does a marvelous job of tracking everything possible, it is always a "work in progress" and just because you don't see it on Muppet Wiki (now) doesn't mean it never existed. There was a fair amount of Pigs In Space merchandise during the run of the show - though certainly by no means FLOODS of it - but a happy fan could buy a Pigs In Space lunchbox (which made you the coolest kid in school!) - poster, notebook/portfolio folder - those are just the things i remember off the top of my head - not to mention merchandise that included Pigs In SPace in some fashion but wasn't *A* Pigs In Space product: books, records and the like.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I figured that Pigs in Space was represented in Muppet merchandise that wasn't featured Pigs in Space merchandise.