Piggy in Flashdance

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me where the Piggy as flash-dancer appeared?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
In a music video featured on MTV and "The Mike Douglas Show", back in the 80's, which was a version of "I'm Gonna Always Love You."

You can actually see the music video here. :sing:

Hope that helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not only that... But according to Muppet Wiki's articles, in one of the Muppet Magazine issues, which contains pop icon parodies (mostly of the musical variety), there's a poster of Kermit and Piggy titled Nerdy Dancing which is a parody of Dirty Dancing.
Hope this helps churn out some updates for the fics Cath... And congrats on your 500th post, or post #D if going by Roman numerals. You're halfway to becoming an SM!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That music video was cool. It's too bad it's not more widely available (Columbia should have included this as a special feature on The Muppets Take Manhattan DVD, instead of those Muppetisms). I wonder what was up with those outer space graphics at the beginning and ending.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
In a music video featured on MTV and "The Mike Douglas Show", back in the 80's, which was a version of "I'm Gonna Always Love You."

You can actually see the music video here. :sing:

Hope that helps.
That is a VERY odd music video...I can't say that I've ever found Jim Henson freaky or scary before, but he was somehow creepy here. But I love those flipper-feet.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Okay, that was offically the wiridest thing I've ever seen. I have always wondred where Jim walking it those flippres with the Billy Jaen sidewalk came form. Totally Cool!

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's nice to see that they filmed a little more with the Muppet Baby Puppets. It's a pity that they were used so little, actually, because they are as cute as anything!

On the other hand, if they had been used a lot they would have messed with Muppet cannon. (And if Gonzo's learned aything it's not to mess with those.)