Picture this...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
What if TMS happened earlier than it did? Say 1972 or the sixties(when Jim had the concept for it)

Would characters like Fozzie and Piggy still be in it? And what if it was picked up by the American networks(who have turned them down because they thought of them as "kiddie entertainment") and not made in the UK? Or, if it was made in the UK, THAMES Television was involved and not ITC/Lew Grade.

Or what if it stuck to the same format as the original pilot with Nigel as the host and not Kermit?

Think about it...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm afraid it might have been more like either TMS: Sex and Violence, or the Muppets Valentine Special.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
It would be really different because there wouldn't be hardly any of my favorites on tms...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
...and if it was picked up by THAMES instead of Lew Grade/ITC, and did not have characters like Piggy and Fozzie, or had a different theme song, characters, etc.. iand didnt follow the same format as the two pilots(or if it started earlier) it would have been a cheap carbon copy of Benny Hill or Monty Python's Flying Circus.

I was thinking about writing some fanfics about the "Muppet Show that could have been". But I can't really think of much to write about. If I'll do, I'll be sure to post it.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
We could what-if all we wanted, but the fact remains the same: it happened the way it happened, and it happened excellently.