Photobucket Ransoming Users Accounts

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i cant believe photobucket is even still relevant anymore.

what is even going through their minds with this? like...theres so many other image hosting sites that you can use to host images yet they still refuse to let you do that (yes i read the link, the free plan still prevents image linking)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm just glad that old, longtime users (like yours truly) no longer have their older content held for ransom and that hotlinked images have been restored . . . but from this moment on? Ehh, I think I'll stick with postimage - if they'd get their act together too.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I'm just glad that old, longtime users (like yours truly) no longer have their older content held for ransom and that hotlinked images have been restored . . . but from this moment on? Ehh, I think I'll stick with postimage - if they'd get their act together too.
What's wrong with postimage?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, their domain got confiscated or something like that, so any previously hotlinked images using the their .org domain are broken.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Now, Photobucket is giving me emails saying I'm over the limit. When I was only 18% and won't let me in unless I pay money. Have to keep Imgur in handy.