Other episodes that Fleet Scribbler could have been in

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are there any episodes that you think Fleet Scribbler could have been in?

Here are ways that I think he could have been used:

Elton John: could have annoyed Elton John in his dressing room.
Peter Sellers: Could have tried to interview someone and then disapeared thanks to the teleporter.
Marissa Berensen: could have attended the wedding.
Linda Lavin: could have been in Beyond the Blue Horizon.
Phyllis George: could have covered the awards show.
Jonathan Winters: could have tried to interview the cast when they turned swedish.
Diana Ross: could have written an article about the scores that Statler and Waldorf gave the muppets.
Lorretta Switt: could have been the photographer who took the picture of Kermit and Miss Piggy.
Tony Randall: could have tried to interview Miss Piggy when she was a stone statue.
Glenda Jackson: could have interviewed Glenda or the pirates.
Linda Ronstadt: could have appeared in When I grow Too Old To Dream.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
why on Earth would you want more of this guy?
I think he's a very cool character. I know that the writers hated him, but I wonder what the majority of fans felt about him.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I truly liked Fleet, he was a great character, but I am kinda glad he wasn't used too much, because he would've gotten annoyed by vewiers, but I really like the character as a one shot character, even though he did appear in a few other episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In his last appearance, the Raquel Welch episode, he appeared in At The dance and had a line that could have been given to anyone. I wonder if the writers had ever considered having him appear like that, a character with lines that anybody could have had.

Oddly enough, I have seen quite a few things that said that the writers decided to have him appear for awhile and then slowly have him disapear. That's odd because he only appeared twice during the second season and once in the third season, and the first of those season two appearances was in just one sketch. I'd be surprised if the writers decided that they hated him before they wrote the George Burns epsiode, where he was a main character. But by saying that hey would have him there for awhile, I would have expected him to appear in maybe every other show, or every few shows, and then disapear. maybe appear as often as The newsman or Dr. Strangepork would have appeared.