One Hour Bear In The Big Blue House Special Planned For Week Of September 11th

Treelo

Reaction score
The Bear tours feature the characters exactly as you see them on television - with the exception that the puppets are built 30% larger so that they can be more easily seen from far away.

The puppets were all built by Henson for the first tour, but the VEE workshop will be building the smaller puppets (Tutter, Pip, Pop) for the second. Now that Henson has downsized, they don't have time to do all of the characters. Actually (and this may be too much information for some of you) the LA shop is going to build a few, the NYC workshop is going to build a few, and the VEE workshop is going to build few. So there. :wink:

The voices are all prerecorded by the Henson puppeteers. There are four human cast members that assist in audience participation.

beaker

Reaction score
Thanx for the info! This sounds a heckuva lot cooler than the Sesame Live big suits thing. Ive been a big time Bear fan for 5 years now, so its kind of disheartening to see such a lull in interest...from no more Bear stuff in disney store to hardly any posts Bear related on MC. Bear is afterall, with the end of FR a decade and a half ago, the third biggest Muppet franchise.

I am really curious about what format changes hinted at are in store for the new season, along with the Bear movie status.
I really think Bear and company would benefit from some real life locations...maybe they'll incorporate that into the show.

Finally, can we expect some new merchandise finally this holiday season? I sure would like to see a series 2 of the Fisher Price Bear figure line. People can talk about the Palisades figures all they want, but I would be equally excited about a wave two of Bear figures(ie: Doc Hogg, Flutter, Jack the Dog, Ray, etc)

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Thanx for the info! This sounds a heckuva lot cooler than the Sesame Live big suits thing. Ive been a big time Bear fan for 5 years now, so its kind of disheartening to see such a lull in interest...from no more Bear stuff in disney store to hardly any posts Bear related on MC. Bear is afterall, with the end of FR a decade and a half ago, the third biggest Muppet franchise.

I am really curious about what format changes hinted at are in store for the new season, along with the Bear movie status.
I really think Bear and company would benefit from some real life locations...maybe they'll incorporate that into the show.

Finally, can we expect some new merchandise finally this holiday season? I sure would like to see a series 2 of the Fisher Price Bear figure line. People can talk about the Palisades figures all they want, but I would be equally excited about a wave two of Bear figures(ie: Doc Hogg, Flutter, Jack the Dog, Ray, etc)
ok no offense but the sesame live and Live locations is getting really annoying and old and when I was little I liked Sesame Live.anyway you should go to my Disney Store they have bear pins and plush.at the theme pparks they also have pin and plush for playhouse disney.Playhouse Disney is a show at the Disney MgM Studios featuring the stars of Bear,Book o Pooh,Stanley,and Olie if ya didnt know.they also have a float in the new parade(meaning 2 floats in one parade star muppets) and you used to be able to meet bear.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Yeah when i was 5 i went to sesame street live every time it came to town. But you have to remember theres lil babies who still like big bird hey at sesame street live are those the real voices the real people.