On With The Show gba: Tumbleweed City

beaker

Reaction score
Why...why oh why did I spend $20 on this game? I mean I'm a sucker for Muppet Show themed video games, and it did have Beaker...but I'd have to say this is by far the worst Muppet game since that NES Muppets game, or heck even Piggy's wedding for Atari.

I think Muppets Inside, Muppet Racemania and Muppet Pinball Mayhem are by far the best games so far. I'd love to see them make a side scrolling beat em up ala the old arcade TMNT or Simpsons game...tho I guess there isn't many bad guy Muppets to trounce.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
and a few weeks ago I was going to buy a game boy Advanced just for this game too! I'm glad I did not, But i do think Muppet Monster was a good game, i just feel it needed more Muppets in it.

I think it's a nice tribute to Jerry Nelison and Robin I mean not saying Jerry it retireing from the Muppets but it's a nice thing for Robin frog, I stated that in my review for the game on MC when it came out.

I do look forward for party cruise cause it will be a lotta fun at Muppet parties i have with my friends, so i hope it's fun!

Zack)Rowlf the dog

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah 'On With The Show' is pretty awful but then it's not mean't for Muppet fans, it's meant for 5 year old kids. Muppet Party Cruise sounds much better because it doesn't seem to be specifically made for kids but more a general party game for everyone. Muppet Monster Adventure doesn't seem like the right kinda game for the Muppets to have done but it didn't go down that badly. I agree Racemania is the best though - it had everything a Muppet game needs and more.

beaker

Reaction score
Well, for some reason On With The Show is about as playable as
as a pet rock...now the "E" can be confusing, as Muppet Pinball Mayhem is a so called "kids" game but I found it quite addictive and nice, which ranks up there as one of the best Muppet games in my opinion.

Muppet Cruise...from all the pics Ive seen it seems more like
boring mini games with just the 'main 5/6" heads on it or names.
I dont really see anything "muppet" ish about it other than the names. I'd love for a Kingdom Hearts or some sort of epic quest Muppet game though.

Maybe a nice looking new take on Muppet Race Mania?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Maybe a nice looking new take on Muppet Race Mania?
I think that would have been 'Muppets Take To The Skies' but they obviously had trouble getting it released before the old license ended - i don't think it was a TDK Mediactive game but made by the old licensee's - could be wrong though.

Reaction score
Their are many ways to tell if a game is a good one or not right off the bat:
1. Is it eerily priced less than other games for the same system?
2. Does it use a password save system when other games for the same system save right on the cartridge?
3. Is it advertised as Fun for kids of all ages?

I loved Muppet Race Mania, especially because it was the first time in years the acknowledged that certain characters existed.

Their are only a few things I would have changed. First, I think the vehicles could have been a bit more character specific. It would've been nice to see Kermit on a his TMM bike, Piggy on her GMC Motorcycle, Fozzie driving his uncle's Studebacher, Dr. Teeth with the Mayhem Bus, ect.

Also, I wish we could've played as the bosses everywhere, instead of just the level they were the boss of. I don't care about Gil, Bill, Jill, and Spa'am, but playing as Sweetums or Beareguard would've been nice.

I also think their were some characters who were snubbed, such as Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and Pops, but I digress.

In a perfect world, I think it would've been cool to unlock the Muppet Babies Nursery, and be able to play as Skeeter. But, whatever.