On Her Doorstep Last Night

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It had been a logn time since I last saw this sketch, but I heard it on a recent episode of The MuppetCast, and then watched it on youtube, and man, this scene sure is underrated. It's funny how Fozzie and Scooter start acting scarred when the aliens appear, who mostly just join in on the song while pointing their guns at them.

And I didn't realize the main joke of the song until listening to it on the MuppetCast. The song asks questions to which the answer isn't really speciffic. When asked "Who did" (regarding who kissed her) the respons eis "He did!" (without mentioning who "he" is by name), and when asking where he kissed her, the asker probably meant what body part (mouth? cheek? forehead?), as opposed to where they were when he kissed her on the doorstep.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh man I hadn't noticed that part of the joke, lol. Good call!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A similar joke was made in Ten Things I Hate About You. It was probably a coincidence and not meant to nbe a reference to the song, but in that scene, the character played by Heath Ledger (and I can't remember his name) talks about giving up on Kat, which Curtis is against. Ledger says that he thought Curtis wa sgiving up on Bianca, Curtis says "that was before she kissed me", Ledger says "Really? Where?", and Curtis says "In the car".

Getting back to the Muppet piece, I could see this being done on Sesame Street, only without the guns, and maybe with the singers learning in the end that the aliens arne't scarry. It could be done with Telly and Baby Bear. Or maybe Grover and Murray )two showbiz-type monsters, though I don't think Murra yhas shown any emotion besides happiness).