Olivia & Snuffy

hooperfan

Reaction score
OK... Maybe @scarecroe or @Oscarfan can shed some light on this.

Now, Olivia was always chastising Big Bird over his "imaginary friend", Mr. Snuffleupagus. And as we all know, Snuffy was finally seen by the adults in episode 2096... All the adults that is, except Olivia.

Now, of course I can't remember if 34 years ago if there was a scene when Olivia officially "meets" Mr. Snuffleupagus. It would seem odd that she would interact with him out of the blue after being so adamant about him being a fantasy. So my question is, is there anything indicating of such an occurrence?

Perhaps Gordon or another fellow Sesame resident filled her in when she returned to the street after the big reveal.

My mind thinks of funny things sometimes, lol

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, he has a good excuse.
Yep. I guess he was busy in the store.

Anyways... I just learned that while there wasn't an episode where we get to see Olivia and Snuffy's first meeting, the first week of season 17 shows were actually about Snuffy getting to know the adults more:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
That's actually an intelligent point! From what I've noticed, Olivia was definitely more harsh than anybody with Big Bird when it came to trying to prove Snuffy's existence. The Hawaii Trip, 1186, 1575, 1585/1895 (via clip montage), 1706, 1800, 1836, 1957, 1966 are all examples that stick out. So I've often wondered if there was an episode where she properly meets Snuffy for the first time, especially considering there was an episode where she interacted with Alice.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I feel like Bob - the one I always viewed as "the nice one"- was just as bad as Olivia. I feel his disbelief in episode 2096 has a somewhat sinister quality, though he was one of the first to really apologize when they did see them. In episode 1966 he states that he wanted to believe but just couldn't, though he seemed more sincere/apologetic in that case.

I'm a little surprised that Gordon was one of the first to believe, he seems like the kind who I would expect to be more mad or annoyed over such things. Of course in Snuffy's debut, the adults don't seem to be that harsh in their disbelief.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To this day, I still wonder what Mr. Hooper would have been like if he met Snuffy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While we don’t know if there was an “Olivia meets Snuffy” episode, the wiki now has info on an episode involving the two: