Old Henson set piece / prop for sale. Screen used.

KarateKidRocks

Reaction score
Hey guys, im not a big poster on these boards, however I do check them often. Anyways Ive just moved into a new house and I really dont have the space I used to, so I now need to give up some items. One of them happens to be my beloved Jim Henson prop. Its a small set piece, which was once used in Labyrinth, then later recycled for TV's Dinosaurs, and then again finally used as a prop in Muppets Tonight. I was fortunate enough to be good friends with Jerry Juhl for many years before his passing, and he bestowed upon me some props from his own personal collection. As I will be keeping quite a few of them, this piece I cannot. I dont have a picture of it yet, but allow me to describe it for you, it stands around 3 - 3.5 feet and is about a 1.5 feet wide by about 11" deep. Basically it forms a box without the front or top. The background and sides are done up to look like old brick walls (this was the labyrinth portion) and the floow is a mucky swamp with some sort of dinosaur egg (from dinosaurs) and finally there is a giant branch growing out of the middle. Now whats really cool is it actually comes with 2 complete muppets. The first is a praying mantis,he's attached to the branch and sits atop it, there are cables running out of him that allow you to fully control his arms, head and body. The second is a spider with high heal shows on, and she stands on the ground beside the branch. She also has controls but can basically only wiggle. If this sounds like something you migth be interested in, please let me know. However do keep in mind this is very heavy and will cost nearly $150-$200 to ship (im guessing, could be much less). My email address is russmontague@gmail.com

Thanks a lot guys! Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

-Russell

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Didn't you have this on ebay a few years back? I remember seeing it and it was being sold along with a poster signed by Jerry Juhl?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Woah! That's awesome! I wish I could afford it, but I would love to hear some stories about your experience with Jerry Juhl!!! :excited:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Who got their panties in a bunch

*Checks panties

Mine seem un-bunched at the present.