Of monsters and guest stars.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I'm trying to compile a list of all TMS guest stars who sang and danced with the full-bodied monsters, and any help would be appreciated. :smile: I'm not talking about simple interaction, but specifically song and/or dance numbers.

Here's what I have so far...

"Oh Babe What Would You Say"- Kaye Ballard and Thog
"They Can't Take That Away From Me"- Nancy Walker and Sweetums
"Teenager in Love"- Connie Stevens and the Mutations
"Feet"- Madeline Kahn and the Mutations
"Take a Little One Step"- Bernadette Peters, Sweetums, Thog, and Timmy Monster
"School's Out"- Alice Cooper, Sweetums, Timmy Monster, Mean Mama, Thog, Doglion, and one of the Mutations.
"Just in Time"- Cloris Leachman, Sweetums, and Doglion

There has to be more!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
"Hey There Good Times" -- Leslie Uggams, Sweetums, Doglion Beast, The Mutations, Gorgon Heap [playing the drums], Timmy Monster and Big Mama. (I believe those are all the monsters in there, I havent watched the episode in awhile i'll have to look again)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
"I Whistle a Happy Tune" - Julie Andrews, Sweetums, Mean Mama, Doglion, The Mutations, Timmy, Uncle Deadley, Luncheon Counter Monster, Boppity, and Gloat (plus Lenny the Lizard)
"You're Cheating Heart" - Melissa Manchester and the Mutations (plus several pigs and a bull)
"Happy Together" - Florence Henderson, Boppity, Gloat, Scoff, Snake Frackle, and Miss Kitty (plus Lenny the Lizard and Droop)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was a thread that I was planning on starting, and when I saw the title I thought that this thread was about what I was going to talk about. But maybe it should still be discussed here.

I've noticed that the full-body monsters (and other full-body characters) normally only appeared with guest stars. There were a few exceptions, but for the most part whenever the full-body characters appeared, they appeared with guest stars. It would probably be hard for them to regularly be seen backstage. The guest stars appear backstage frequently, but their vision isn't blocked by maskes, and don't wear such heavy costumes. The monsters are probably limited in what they can do backstage. Heck, when Big Bird interracted with Miss Piggy backstage, he pretty much just stood there. He didn't really walk around. The performers of full-body characters can pretty much only see what their doing by either looking into monitors (which only show what the viewer sees, so if they are backstage they can't see what they are walking on) or by looking through small holes in the costumes (which are usually in the mouths).

When they appear with the guest stars, it's often in scenes where a floor is built and visable on-screen, and not lifted up into the air where they could probably fall if not careful. Of course, there could have been sketches with just the full-body monsters, and no other characters (Muppet or human).