No Room for Room in Your Heart????

Beauregard

Reaction score
*gasp*

I was on teh Muppet Musique site, downloading MCC songs when I suddenly came across a song from MCC by Bunsen and Beaker...but I've never seen it...was it cut too? Along with When Love is Gone?

*gasp again*

I do hope they havn't cut this from the new dvd because I must definatly buy the new one just to see Bunsen's song, I've never yet seen Bunsen singing.

Whatever

Reaction score
I never heard of this song, but it sounds neat.
When was "When Love is Gone" cut? I've seen that one and I think it's on my DVD of MCC.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When Love Is Gone was cut from the theatrical release because Brian Henson thoguht that the scene slowed the movie down a little. However, it was included in the home video and DVD releases, and I think also a laserdisc release (if there was one), because with a video release you can fast foward through boring parts. I am sure that this is also in the TV broadcast.

I do think the scene is a little boring because the muppets pretty much stay out of the way, and it mostly just focuses on Scrooge and Belle.

I don't know why Room In Your Heart was cut. Maybe it will be on the upcoming DVD.

I have also read about a cut song called Chairman Of The Board, featuring Sam The Eagle.

anathema

Reaction score
There are a number of songs on the soundtrack album which do not feature in the movie. I think this has been discussed before - I seem to remember someone mentioning that while the songs were recorded, no filming ever took place.

All US home video releases include "When Love Is Gone", as do all UK releases apart from the DVD.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*mutters* And I just happened to pick up the UK dvd with no love is gone...*mutter*

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Room In Your Heart (Sung by; Bunsen and Beaker) and Chairman of The Board (Sung by; Sam The Eagle) are the only two songs on the Muppet Christmas Carol soundtrack that are not featured in the film itself. It's a shame, because these are great songs! I wouldn't mind seeing these possible deleted scenes/songs as a special bonus feature on a DVD release.

By the way, I'll have the Muppet Christmas Carol album up to the public very soon, so you all can hear both these songs. I let Beau have a sneak peak of the album page, so to fill a song request. Beau's special. :wink:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
When Love is gone was one of my fav's, I dont have the DVD, but its on our VHS one. Its SOOOOO sad :cry: I always thought it added to the film, not slowed it down.

There was a time when I was sure
That you and I were truly one
That our future was forever
And would never come undone
And we came so close to being close
I know you cared for me
There's distance in your eyes tonight
So we're not meant to be

The love is gone, the love is gone
The sweetest dream that you have ever known
The love is gone, the love is gone
I wish you well, but I must leave you now, alone

There comes a moment in your life
Like a window, and you see
Your future there before you
And how perfect life can be
But adventure calls with unheard voices
Willing you away
Be careful or you may regret
The choice you make someday

When love is gone, when love is gone
The sweetest dream that we have ever known
When love is gone, when love is gone
I wish you well, but I must leave you now, alone

It was almost love
It was almost always
It was like a fairy tale we'd live out, you and I
And yes, some dreams come true
And yes, some dreams fall through
And yes, the time has come for us to say goodbye

Yes, some dreams come true
And yes, some dreams fall through
And yes, the time has come for us to say goodbye

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
When Love is gone was one of my fav's...
It's one of my favourite songs to sing, and one of the only ones where, when I sing it, I think my singing and voice are good. -grin-