Nigel

Frogster

Reaction score
Okay, I know he's the conductor, but I've never heard him talk. Who did his voice? You know, he actually looks like a toad; when I was little, I used to think that he was like a relative of Kermit's. What can you guys tell me about him? I'd like to know about him, and some of the other old school characters that weren't on much, like Mildred, Hilda, Uncle Deadly, Wayne and Wanda. Uncle Deadly's the only one of those I've heard talk.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I believe Jim did Nigel's voice in at least some sketches. I know he did for "Sax & Violence" with Zoot. Not sure if it was always him.

Xerus

Reaction score
There were times John Lovelady did Nigel. Whenever Jim had to do either Kermit or Rowlf in the same scene. John did Nigel in the episode when the band goes on strike. In the end, when Rowlf made a criticism on Nigel's theme, Nigel replied. "Play hound, play!" in John's voice.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've heard the "Sax and Violence" song on some sound files on the web. Nigel sounded quite a bit like Kermit there. But that was Jim's Nigel. I don't know how John's Nigel sounds though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nigel also talked in the Muppets Sex and Violence, and I think in the Muppets Valenties Day Special.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Nigel didn't appear in the Valentine special.