News Flash Question

Squigiman

Reaction score
Since nobody seems to care about the Merdlidops I asked about, previously, I thought I might as well bring up a new Muppet Show issue that's bothered me, today. I was thinking about the News Flash where the Newsman talks about reports of television news reporters blowing up, writing them off, right before it happens to him. I feel like I've seen it, many times, before, yet when I reviewed which episodes I have on tape, and looked at each on Kermitage, any with News Flashes were different ones. If anyone could help me figure out which episode it's really from, I'd appreciate it, especially with my new 15-DVD set, which is easier to access than my tapes. Thanks a lot, and take care.

-Squigiman

Squigiman

Reaction score
Ok, now, going through each episode guide, here, I see it first appeared in the Madeline Kahn episode. Still, I am almost 100% certain that I have seen it, and a few times, recently, though I know I have never, at least as far as I can remember, seen this episode, before. Was it, by any chance, included in a compilation or special or something like that? Thanks again, and take care.

-Squigiman

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
It was in The Muppet Revue, home video compilation from '84, and It's the Muppets: Meet the Muppets back in the 90's (exact year unknown).

And to your other question, the other Merdlidop voice was Jerry Nelson. Toward the end, when they're laughing at Dom, you can hear Richard Hunt as one of the other ones.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Squigiman

Reaction score
Thank you, so much for your help. I thought they'd never get answered, and just fade away into old posts that aren't even seen on the first page. Really, thanks, again. Take care.

-Squigiman