NEW Disney Marvel MUPPET comics!

beaker

Reaction score
So Tooth, in a way do you think the Muppet/Pixar/Disney Afternoon plethora of titles suddenly crashing mirrors the January 2005 situation with Dreamwave in regards to the Transformers titles?

I reallllllly love the art of the Disney cartoon Boom titles, as well as Toy Story and Incredibles...always wished those teams could have done a Muppet comic series or one shot.

Mmm, well at least there's the Fraggle comics! Those are just amazing, especially the latest issue's Uncle Matt story. Heck, I even buy those dollar Sesame kid's books from Target and Dollar store now and then(I have a ton of em dating from 1972 to 2011) I'd love to see a beautifully illustrated Muppet coffee table book someday

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------------------
Dropped by the best comic shop in town a week or so ago. They still had SOME of the 1st ed BOOM Muppet titles (and I bought one, "Family Reunion"), but unfortunately not the 1st issue...but they did also have one copy left of the new reissue (with the Piggy cover -- wish I'd been able to find one of the alternates! Those are great!) and so I picked that up too, as I don't have the first issue.

Sigh...so many products, so little cash...
-------------------------------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
So Tooth, in a way do you think the Muppet/Pixar/Disney Afternoon plethora of titles suddenly crashing mirrors the January 2005 situation with Dreamwave in regards to the Transformers titles?
Dreamwave is a different situation. I can't remember all the specifics, but the guy in charge was a jerk, and idiot, he stole credit, all this horrible stuff happened, and the company crashed pretty quickly. IDW seems to be THE new idie company, having Ghostbusters, Hasbro comics, and now TMNT! Imagine if they got the Muppets or Disney something?

The classic Disney reprints seem to have gone to fangraphics. Hopefully they'll get to reprint another Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck that's on the shelves for more than a week before the license expires so I can actually save up and get it.

beaker

Reaction score
I just can't stand IDW artwork. Compare the amazing art of Dreamwave Transformers to IDW...ugh. No I meant from a fan perspective, I know Dreamwave went under from poor management, I just meant a plethora of these great titles that simply stopped.
Before Boom Kids I remember Slave Labor Graphics(home of Jhonen Vasquez) was doing a lot of Diz titles

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Anybody know if these reprints have the issue numbers on them? Just something I'm wondering about (I'd check if I saw them in the stores, but I actually haven't yet).

It would be great if Marvel would release The Four Seasons this year, and just not refer to any issue numbers (or they can, as long as it gets released).

Drtooth

Reaction score
A New Hope

Marvel is planning a 4 issue miniseries of Toy Story Now, the details are fuzzy... I don't know if any of the Boom TS team are coming back, it really doesn't say much of anything other than that.

BUT

It does mean Marvel WILL take the reigns of Disney comic book properties. And that means there's a good chance we'll see more Disney licenses... AND maybe the last Muppet story arc in due time.

Still, this is a sign that something could happen, but not a definite announcement.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Marvel has rereleased The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson (and to me it would make sense to rerelease On the Road next). I never got the first two issues from Boom!, so now I have finally read all of The Muppet Show Comic Book issues!

I've been thinking, I've heard that in the near future there will be not one but two brand-new feature adaptions of Snow White. I wonder if Marvel will cash in by rereleasing Muppet Snow White then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Marvel has rereleased The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson (and to me it would make sense to rerelease On the Road next). I never got the first two issues from Boom!, so now I have finally read all of The Muppet Show Comic Book issues!
I've been thinking, I've heard that in the near future there will be not one but two brand-new feature adaptions of Snow White. I wonder if Marvel will cash in by rereleasing Muppet Snow White then.
I really hope they don't give us the Classics line until they find a way to publish the unpublished last storyline. Like I said before, it's not so much the license got pulled, it's the fact they didn't even get to finish something by the time they started up these reprints.

Of course, by now, I'm literally buried under comics to buy (remember, I never have any money)... Sonic, Mega Man, TMNT (including the micro series... dunno if I'm going to bother with the Infestation 2 side issues yet...probably will), Adventure Time, Snarked.... I got word Roger's going to script a new IDW Popeye series, and I gotta check that out. Dunno if I'm gonna bother with the Peanuts. I'm liking it so far, though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I really hope they don't give us the Classics line until they find a way to publish the unpublished last storyline.
I have noticed that the Marvel reprints refer to the series as "The Muppets" instead of "The Muppet Show Comic Book". I think that's generic enough to go back-and-fourth between Muppet Show and Classics comics (though we only have two more TMS Comic Book story arcs to be reprinted).