New Claw Muppets at Metreon SF

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Sony Metreon in San Francisco has a new kiosk with a Muppet plush selection. There are so many properties represented that it's cool they thought to include the Muppets, but these guys? They're so ugly they're cute! The assortment includes: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Swedish Chef, Statler & Waldorf.

:eek: Beaker, Bunsen, Rowlf, Scooter, Rizzo & Pepe are notably absent. Nanco (sp?) created an assortment pre-Disney and some appeared to be impressive, but these are so...not. Judge for yourself. Took some cell phone pics. Note one of the tags has a classic-looking Muppet logo. I liked that touch. The pictures actually flatter the plushes more than they should. Fozzie has to be the scariest one. You'd think a Fozzie Teddy Bear would be the simplest. :embarrassed:

Click Here For The 11 Images​

Ugly Muppets Need Love Too. Adopt at your discretion!
:zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uhkk! I mean the Gonzo, and some of the Kermits look okay. The Chef seems to be the pick of the litter there.

But that Fozzie is all sorts of wrong.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Oh, I saw some of those the other day in a claw machine at a local mall! I tried to get Gonzo, but failed. Its not even a good Gonzo, but I'll take what I can get.

Fozzie wouldn't look so bad if his eyes didn't look like a drug addict... :embarrassed: He and Animal look really fuzzy. It would be nice if Gonzo had some fuzz. Maybe not as much as the other two, but some would be nice.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, Fozzie is the absolute worst of the bunch to me. Had they not made him that fuzzy, I guess it would be managable. But he looks like all sorts of horrible things happened to him that I can't begin to list. let's say Steme rollers are involved.

Anyway, I will say the Piggy looks decent, considering the fact she's the hardest to get the likeness down in any plush form.

That said, Gonzo wouldn't look too bad if his eyes were a little bigger. The Statler and Waldorf are a total stretch, though. had they not made Statler with his mouth wide open, it wouldn't be too bad.

Luke

Reaction score
At least they're putting Muffets in claw machines, even if they do look smooshed. Poor Muffets!

Great work Jamie!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That Gonzo is pretty hideous. His nose is pretty round and bulbous. The Animal could be good, but he's got tiny weirdly placed pupils. Statler and Waldorf aren't that bad as far as their stuff goes. Kermits are irregular looking. The Miss Piggy pattern design used to be ugly compared to other assortments, but is a star in this one (even with her yarn hair). At least that funky hat is gone. The Swedish Chef's eyebrows are a minor complication, but he shines above the rest. Fozzie has this weird floral print tie, the weird wandering eye placement and disturbingly bushy eyebrows! It's weird, I mean really weird! I'm surprised they skipped Beaker. He's a popular character with fans and non-fans alike. :eek:

I would say that the Muppet assortment pales in comparison to the many others featured (The Batman, Spongebob, Shrek, Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, Pink Panther, Surf's Up, Bee Movie and many, many more). The quality just isn't there with the Muppets, and you'd think they'd be the simplest to translate. :confused:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*runs away screaming* The nightmares I'll be having! Let me tell YOU!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*runs away screaming* The nightmares I'll be having! Let me tell YOU!
Okay, so these things are officially haunting me. Went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks tonight, and there was a crane machine... and there was the evil Fozzie eyes! I still see the crooked pupils staring me down! :eek: