Nancy Walker TMS episode nitpicks

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would like to share some nitpicks about the Nancy Walker episode.

First of all, Fozzie was concerned about the wall that got blown up during the opening number. However, that wasn't Fozzie's fault. It was the fault of the performers in the opening number. That would have happened even if Kermit didn't get sick.

The audience starts to leave because there was nothing on stage. However, the amount of time during the first backstage scene seems to eb the average lenght for a backstage scene following an opening number, where Kermit is backstage instead of on-stage introducing an act, and Kermit often doesn't call an act on-stage in the intercom (though he occassionally does). The audience should have waited longer before leaving the theater.

At the end, Kermit fires Fozzie before rehiring him. However, Kermit should have expected Fozzie to have problems (then again, maybe he chose for Fozzie to host based on his co-hosting experience in the Don Knotts episode).

There's something that I don't understand. At the end, Fozzie says that Kermit will probably fire him, and the Kermit sows up and tells Fozzie that he's fired. However, Fozzie is happy to see Kermit despite being fired, and Kermit then tells Fozzie that he's not fired. I wonder why Kermit changed his mind based on this. And Fozzie seemed to be worried about beign fired, but took being fired pretty well.

This might be stating the obvious, but Kermit should have put Scooter in charge of hosting. Scooter seemed to know what to do better than Fozzie did. Or maybe Sam the Eagle should have been put in charge. Of course, Kermit could have just told the first person he could find to take over, and Fozzie could have been that first person.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder what would have happened if Wayne and Wanda did an act in that episode. Would Fozzie have thought of their failure as being his fault? Ditto for if this episode had a Muppet News segment.