Nanco Plushes: The unreachable Muppet product

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, we've done several rants about claw machines and rigged carney booths. How the Heck do you win these things? It's just SOOOOO unfair they don't sell these to the general public. I mean, I have it the worst. The company's office is in Chelsea Mass, basically I could have someone drive me there if I wanted to. It's not even far from Boston!

I would so love to sneak in in Ninja gear, and open boxes and grab Muppets, Mr. Potatohead, and Heathcliff dolls, but I can't.

Let me ask you.. how much does this stink?

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Ive won these past couple of months
Werewolf Fozzie Plush
Werewolf Fozzie Beanie
Christmas Kermit Beanie
Christmas Piggy Beanie
Christmas Animal Beanie

And just today I won
Bear In The Big Blue House Christmas Beanie
Tutter Christmas Beanie

Last year I won
Kermit dressed as a Pilgrim Plush
Huge Rizzo Plush

Im good! :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Nanco Plushes.. the unreachable Muppet product.

Originally posted by Drtooth
Okay, we've done several rants about claw machines and rigged carney booths. How the Heck do you win these things? It's just SOOOOO unfair they don't sell these to the general public. I mean, I have it the worst. The company's office is in Chelsea Mass, basically I could have someone drive me there if I wanted to. It's not even far from Boston!

I would so love to sneak in in Ninja gear, and open boxes and grab Muppets, Mr. Potatohead, and Heathcliff dolls, but I can't.

Let me ask you.. how much does this stink?
Remember my thread about the claw machine mafia?

Yeah, Nanco is losing lots of money by not actually selling this stuff. But if you think youre mad now, just wait til ya see what Nanco is releasing next year.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Actually, I doubt that Nanco is losing money by not making these available at retail. Before working for Palisades, I worked in the Amusement Park industry, and we dealt with Nanco...

The trick to what they do is all about quantity. They make these things for, literally, pennies. For instance, when I worked for the park, I was able to buy all of the Nanco plushes from the park at their cost -- usually, around a buck or so.

But Nanco makes millions of them. Amausement parks, claw machines, arcades. Literally, millions. I can tell you for a fact that by producing inexpensive goods, and making a bajillion of them, Nanco is making a TON of money that they would never make if they produced them for retail. They would never place as much product in reatil stores as they can in amusment parks and arcades.

Just my two cents...

beaker

Reaction score
Ack, I stand corrected Travis! I still say there is a claw machine mafia^_^

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Re: Nanco Plushes.. the unreachable Muppet product.

Originally posted by beaker

Yeah, Nanco is losing lots of money by not actually selling this stuff. But if you think youre mad now, just wait til ya see what Nanco is releasing next year.
Give me a hint.

Maybe, if they had a variety pack, you could order a bunch of orders, keep some, sell some, and give some to your friends. But I'm guessing you have to buy a heck of a lot. Like 100 boxes, or a gross.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Actually we were doing a little late night errand-running last night, and passed a guy selling Nanco Carnival plushes on a street corner. He was selling the large Muppets for $10 each. We were able to snag a Kermit, Gonzo and Rizzo. He is going to see if he can get the huge ones, and let me know.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke
Actually we were doing a little late night errand-running last night, and passed a guy selling Nanco Carnival plushes on a street corner. He was selling the large Muppets for $10 each. We were able to snag a Kermit, Gonzo and Rizzo. He is going to see if he can get the huge ones, and let me know.
Aw, good to see those street merchandise hustlers are actually doing a good service! From the low level petty street pusher to the top floor executive, we need all the buzz we can get in Muppetdom!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Actually I was in HOT TOPIC today, and they had the small ones for $6.00 and the mediums for $10.00 -- and I checked the tush tag, it said NANCO! Wow, they are all over AZ

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hey Uncleduke,

Can you describe the plushes at all? My contact at Hot Topic told me that they were going to have exclusive Muppet plushes this holiday seaon... So I gather that's what you saw.

I assume, since she said it was an exclusive item, that it differs from the ones in the claw machines and at carnivals, etc. Is it just Kermit?

I have been popping in to Hot Topic from time to time to see if they had arrived, but as of Tuesday, there were not any in the three different Hot Topic stores in our area... Let me know more info if you can.

Thanks!!