My name is Fred. They Call me Fred...

mlink

Reaction score
There is an old song/segment from Sesame Street that has the words "My Name is Fred. They call me Fred. When I get tired, I go home and go to..." -- or something like that. I've looked all over You Tube for this and can't find it... does anybody know what the real name of this would be? A million "thank yous" to anybody who can help.
:confused:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wow - now there's a memory jogger, i just barely remember it based on your description...possible this could have even been Electric Company?

Course today, it would remind me a lot of "I Wanna Be a Cowboy" by Boys Don't Cry. :smile:

mlink

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, guys... when you google for this you find that it's credited to both SS and Electric Company... if anybody out there in muppet-land sees this thread and knows the answer, please let me know! :smile:

:smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
It was definitely SS because I saw it there and such a cartoon wouldn't of fit in with the SS formet.

pagesidehigh

Reaction score
oh my god, my brother and i have looked EVERYWHERE for this

i remember the animation was shaky and i think fred was wearing an orange jumpsuit

what i remember of the lyrics:

my name is fred
they call me fred
and when i eat i butter up a slice of...
(irritated guy comes in and says...)
BREAD!

:frown:duh nuh nuh nuh)

my name is fred
they call me fred
and every night when i get tired
(irritated guy says...)
he gets FIRED

i would *KILL* for this - anyone who has it will be my hero for life if they can hook it up :smile:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
That is one of my most favorite rhyming skits in the entire series. According to Muppet Wiki, this segment may have been dropped from the show after Season 14. Though there are episodes between 1985 and 1988 that are not guided yet.

I did download a much better quality clip of this skit pretty recently as well. It's much better than the other standalone versions that have been preserved for many years now.