Musical Numbers That'd Be Good On the Show

Saironi

Reaction score
Any ideas what songs would be good for the show and who could sing them?

Here are the ones I came up with.

"Skidrow/Downtown"-Maybe sung by the first season Gonzo, Droop and other depressed-looking muppets.

"I'm Here For The Party"-played by either the Electric Mayhem or the Alice Cooper Band.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If you have read many of my Muppet Show outline fan fics then you'd know what songs I think would be great, but here are some that I would have liked to have seen on The Muppet Show (most of these have been in outlines I have written):

Rock The Boat: featuring the electric mayhem on a boat that moves around. Since this song heavily features trumpet playing, I'd have it be from the last season so that Lips could play the trumpet (every time I hear the trumpet playing in this song I think of Lips).

Take Good Care of My Baby: this could be sung by Bobby Benson backed by his baby band.

My Generation: This would be performed by The Electric Mayhem, with Floyd on lead vocals (I think the singer of this song sounds a lot like floyd). I would expect the background to be the same as the background from Wild Thing (I think this was from the Jaye P. Morgan episode, but I can't remember).

Rainy Days And Mondays: I picture this as being sung by an Eren Ozker-voiced janice, though Richard Hunt could probably do the song just fine. Or it could be sung by any female guest star.

What's New, Pussycat?: I think this could be sung by Rowlf and the dogs to Gaffer.

Strangers In The Night: This song could include the various muppet monsters in a darkened forrest.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hey guys, whaddya' think of this song (click "Download Now" button) for a number the Muppets could have performed? In the style of the "Hawaiian War Chant", I think it's right up their alley. As far as I can tell, it's either called "Luau Hula" or "Hawaiian Cowboy", but any additional info anyone can provide would be great. :big_grin:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Hey guys, whaddya' think of this song (click "Download Now" button) for a number the Muppets could have performed? In the style of the "Hawaiian War Chant", I think it's right up their alley. As far as I can tell, it's either called "Luau Hula" or "Hawaiian Cowboy", but any additional info anyone can provide would be great. :big_grin:
Well, Chris Langham DID "Hawaiian Cowboy" for his closing number on the show.

Speaking of "What's New, Pussycat?", I wish they had had Tom Jones on the show. Of course, I've got an outline in the works that guest stars Tom Jones and opens with said number.

Also on the subject of outlines, I've been listening to Gordon Lightfoot's "Song for a Winter's Night", and it actually SOUNDS like something that would've been on TMS. The orchestrations sound very TMS in style. One for the outline.

I'm a little surprised they never had Bobby Benson's Baby Band do "Pretty Baby"; I've got that in my planned (and who knows when I'll finish it) Leon Redbone outline, in which Leon sings to Piggy, who grows progressively annoyed with the baby band.

Ever notice how every idea I have for a number on TMS I inevitably use in an outline? Waste not, want not.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Do You Know Where You're Going To? (Theme From Mahogany): This song could have had a first season-style group of females and males.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I can really see the Mayhem doing 'Money for Nothing' by Dire Straits (I want my MTV...). It'd be Floyd on lead vocals and bass, Janice doing the lead guitar and they could bring in Scooter for rhythm guitar and backing vocals. 'Course, they'd have to edit the lyrics a bit.
I can also see the Mayhem doing 'Walk of Life,' also by the Straits, or maybe 'Unchain My Heart,' by Ray Charles (covered by Joe Cocker).

Oooh...and what about 'She Blinded Me With Science,' by Thomas Dolby? It could be set in Muppet Labs, and you could have some of the other Muppets sing that with Bunsen and Beaker.
And I've mentioned this before, but I can see a group of Muppets climbing a mountain while singing 'I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)' by the Proclaimers.

Okay, I'll stop.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Well, Chris Langham DID "Hawaiian Cowboy" for his closing number on the show.
But is it the same version I posted earlier? This one's completely in Hawaiian. I don't remember the Chris Langham episode. :frown:

Princeton

Reaction score
One thing that I was VERY careful about with my outlines was to only use songs that were around during the initial run of TMS. So, songs after 1981, (the year TMS ended) like "Skid Row" and "She Blinded Me With Science", are not appropriate choices for TMS.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
S.O.S.: This song could be sung by a group of Muppet Monsters stranded on a boat.
Touch Me In The Morning: This song could be sung by Charro (who could have guest starred on "The Muppet Show") in Season 1 with Floyd, Zoot, Animal, Rowlf, Boppity on guitar, and Gloat on trumpet, plus Janice (with a brown wig), a pink Whatnot woman, and a Caucasian whatnot woman with brown hair as chorus singers.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Princeton said:
One thing that I was VERY careful about with my outlines was to only use songs that were around during the initial run of TMS. So, songs after 1981, (the year TMS ended) like "Skid Row" and "She Blinded Me With Science", are not appropriate choices for TMS.
Yeah, well, that never stopped a lot of fanfic writers.

But if the Muppet Show ran past 1981, or if there were a new Muppet Show today, it'd be cool to see the Muppets take on "She Blinded Me With Science" and stuff like that.