Muppets Wizard of Oz sketch

jaap

Reaction score
Does anyone know in what episode the "If I only had a brain, heart, nerve." song was performed.

Piggy - Dorothy
Gonzo - tinman
Fozzie - Lion
Scooter - scarecrow

Greetings,

Jaap

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
its from the Muppet Babies also they made a postor of the real characters (Muppets)

jaap

Reaction score
In "The muppets celebrate 30 years", they show ca 60 seconds of this sketch. And they are the grown up characters. (If I were able to attach a picture, I would have done it)

Jaap

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Woody Page voice: "Why do I always have to straighten you guys out?!?"

Nah, just thought I'd come in and help.
Jaap, here's the info on the three versions of Muppets Wizard of Oz.
1 In the animated series Muppet Babies, check out the episode entitled By The Book. There, Piggy was Dorothy and Rowlf was Toto, Kermit was the Scarecrow, Fozzie was the Cowardly Lion, and Gonzo was the Tin Weirdo. Scooter was the Silly Sorceror of the South, and Bunsen and Beaker were the Wizards.
Of course, this was all in their animated baby forms.
2 As for the live version... Piggy was Dorothy, Scooter was the Scarecrow, Gonzo was the Tin Weirdo and Fozzie was the Cowardly Lion. Though Rowlf wasn't Toto for this sequence, he did come in during the black and white portion/opening of the medley. This was part of the TV special The Muppets Go To the Movies.
3 And of course there's the soon-to-be-released TV movie version of Muppets Wizard of Oz which we're looking forward to in May 2005.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

jaap

Reaction score
Thanks for all your quick answers!

Any ideas where I can find "The Muppets Go To the Movies"?

I tried #themuppetarchive at irc.dejatoons.net, but unfortunately, they don't have it.

Greetings,

jaap

Beauregard

Reaction score
You cannot get it commercially, although you may find it in the Trade section of this website.

On another thought, does anyne have an Mp3 of this particular song sung by the Muppets?

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Perhaps it's worth mentioning Fozzie's brief appearance as the Tin Woodsman in the Brooke Shields TMS Episode too.