Muppets walking

MIKEB97

Reaction score
How does this work on Sesame Street? Do the puppeteers sit or lie on rolling cushions?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think it probably varies, depending on way the scene is being shot (and where). I know they use special little low-to-the-ground stools on Sesame Street quite a bit - this was seen briefly on the A&E Biography special on SS.

Some productions use special puppeteering dollys which have a camera mounted on them and space for one or two puppeteers to sit. The dolly is then pulled on wheels or on a track down a street, allowing them to appear to be "walking."

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Is the camera the TV monitor that allows puppeteers to watch what they're doing? Did they ever use this technique on Sesame Street in the mid 70's?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The camera is whatever kind of camera is being used on the shoot. There is also space on the puppeteering dollys for monitors for the puppeteers.

I don't know if they use this type of dolly on "Sesame Street" (probably only for outdoor stuff) but I do know the puppeteers often use small stools on wheels. Swivel chairs are often used in TV too.