Muppets TV on Youtube.com

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oui. It is there.

www.youtube.com and in the search box type "Muppets TV" and it opens up videos of the show.

Man, I wish Diz would give us a show for America, or dub those! Grrrr.

Oh, and the puppetry is tres bad.

Teenager's

Reaction score
The show is Really bright----Also....all the characters sort of look strange. Piggy looks really plastic, Scooter's head shape is sorta funny.....and Kermit seems a little small....but I assume that the puppeteers hand is not large enough.

But what's up with this sketch?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOGaqSjH6M

I mean, I know that French television shows (& France) has a race issue but putting a fro on Fozzie & then giving him big front teeth with a gap seems to be going too far. Disney should have some sort of control on that image.

Too far, too far.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well it looks like Fozzie's imitating that guy, whoever he is. Not sure if it's a race thing, unless there's something I don't know.

Luke

Reaction score
Each week during the song, the puppets would usually wear something costume wise that related to the song, the artist or the video. So for the 1980's song in the first episode, Fozzie was wearing a Rubiks cube because the video to that song has all the band dancing inside a Rubiks cube. So in the episode thats been pointed out, the guy singing is well known in France for having a freaky look about him so Fozzie is imitating it for a joke. There's no harm intended.

And yeah the puppetry is bad. The puppeteers are french ones and the puppetry style is different out there, and also the cameramen and director seem to be inexperienced working with puppets so they don't hide the puppeteer or lower puppet body as well as they could.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Each week during the song, the puppets would usually wear something costume wise that related to the song, the artist or the video. So for the 1980's song in the first episode, Fozzie was wearing a Rubiks cube because the video to that song has all the band dancing inside a Rubiks cube. So in the episode thats been pointed out, the guy singing is well known in France for having a freaky look about him so Fozzie is imitating it for a joke. There's no harm intended.
Ahhh, thanks that's what I figured. :smile:

Teenager's

Reaction score
Ah, Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't notice that that Fozzie was trying to be that guy....

Sorry about that guys.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's OK. It actually took me a minute to make the connection when watching the clip, lol.