Muppets Tonight Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys... OK, so I got all 22 MT episodes now in my library... And I'm ready to start asking questions to get it all polished for the list...

So here we go.
MT: Michelle Pfeiffer.
1 In the Great Moments In Elvis History sketch...
There was this character who sounded like Kevin, who asked the Elvisses if they were ready to sign the Declaration of Independence.
Should this character be added? If so, how would it be best to add him?
2 Should the individual characters the Elvisses played, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and a third I'm not sure of fright now, be added as well?
Hope to hear from you soon, and here's to the start of another of my threads.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi guys... OK, so I got all 22 MT episodes now in my library... And I'm ready to start asking questions to get it all polished for the list...

So here we go.
MT: Michelle Pfeiffer.
1 In the Great Moments In Elvis History sketch...
There was this character who sounded like Kevin, who asked the Elvisses if they were ready to sign the Declaration of Independence.
Should this character be added? If so, how would it be best to add him?
That was actually the J.P. Grosse puppet, with a grey wig (or slightly more hair than he already has).

The Count said:
2 Should the individual characters the Elvisses played, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and a third I'm not sure of fright now, be added as well?
If you included muppets as characters they played in movies like The Muppet Christmas Carol, then go ahead and list them sperately.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Posting a few descripts I've gotten here, in case I need to come and find them later.
Pigs In Space, Deep Dish 9: The Next Generation Of Pigs In Space:
Snorty, played by Dave Goelz; a tannish pig with much
detail, wrinkles, baggy eyes (but not beady), and a
patch of black hair. He's not the boar from TMS, but
he's a bit thinner than the boar. There weren't any

MT: Whoopi Goldberg.
Stan, from the Elevator Entrance segment, is a Whatnot with sleepy eyes, a small pear-shaped nose, a black t-shirt, and a long, brownish-red ponytail.

MT: Martin Short.
Lofty the Mailman: this is a different puppet, so I would assume it's a different character. Long black hair, a black hat, dark orange color, a blue postman uniform. with a logo of some sort on (looks like 2 D's that face each others on a white background. Black pants with a black belt)
Bud's Father, from Flippers: It's the same puppet used for Flash from JHH, but with short, combed brown hair, black dot eyes, and a Hawaiian shirt.
The Nurse, from EI-EI-OR: She was a Whatnot puppet and appeared again when Heather Locklear poured her drink on the same Muppet in her episode, during the final number "In The Early Early Month Of May".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Posting this here by request.
MT: Prince.
The Muppet Hoohaw Ha-Ha-Ha Hayseed Band: Who were these and should they be added?
What was the name of the song Prince sang with The Angels?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick question to add... Agnes Stonewick, a member of Geri and The Atrics, appears in the Swift Wits segment in the Garth Brooks episode. What color skin does she have? And of the following members, to which is Agnes Stonewick comparable?

Geri and The Atrics:
Gray woman sitting in a rocking chair.
Purple woman playing the piano, I believe this is Madam Muh Muh.
Pink woman playing the tuba, I believe this is Mrs. Hudson.
Green woman playing the drums.
Yellow one playing the cello, Geri.
Woman playing the tambourine who replaced Geri in Episode 113: Hal Lindon.
Woman playing the guitar.
Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Count said:
Quick question to add... Agnes Stonewick, a member of Geri and The Atrics, appears in the Swift Wits segment in the Garth Brooks episode. What color skin does she have? And of the following members, to which is Agnes Stonewick comparable?

Geri and The Atrics:
I haven't seen that sketch, as it's a UK spot, but I believe that she is the tambourine player.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:

Geri and The Atrics:
Agnes was the tamborine player.

The gray woman is Miss Kathleen

The green woman was the maid in the "Sherlock Holmes" sketch.

In the song "Doo Wah Ditty" (not sure which episode), the green woman makes a reference to "Hetty"; I have no clue who she is, maybe the same one used as Carter (Howard's butler).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... The song "Doo Wah Ditty" was performed in the Dizzy Gillespie episode, per Kermitage's information.
Hope that helps you find the reference MD, maybe "Hetty" is the guitarist? Though I've never heard "Hetty" as a name, only heard/know about "Heddy".

As for the green one on the drums, you say she was the maid in the Sherlock Holmes presentation by the Theater of Whales in MT... Got that on the list of questions to ask, just don't have the episode fright now.
However, the name I heard given to the maid which I wanted to ask about was "Mrs. W-e-a-t-h-e-r-i-n-g-t-o-n" and if that was the correct spelling.
Hope to hear back from you, maybe we can get these sorted out and cleared up for the list.