Muppets reference in The New Teen Titans comics

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Okay- well, I've been reading through a collection of older comics- "The New Teen Titans" (It's DC's "Archives Editions" graphic novel series- they're really great!:smile: ) And I came across this cool reference I just had to point out-

In issue 10 of The New Teen Titans- "Promethium Unbound!" (August 1981), on the second page there is a reference to Bunsen and Beaker!:confused: :eek:
Slade Wilson (The Terminator-...this was before Arnold's version came along- LOL) iss conferring with his lab chief. He's a white guy with a bald head in a business suit and all you can see of his eyes are his round glasses. Terminator addresses him as Dr. Benson Honeywell and asks him if he's been able to look over the Promethium plans- and he answers, "Oh, yes sir, along with my assistant, Bleeker." LOL- Just thought that was really cool. Apparently Marv Wolfman's a fan of The Muppet Show!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
That's awesome... I've been a fan of the Teen Titans for a long time. I own a lot of the original New Teen Titan comics.

On a side note, GonzoLeaper, did you know a straight-to-DVD movie based on The Judas Contract is in the works? It's not based in the world of the TV show (which I'm really not a big fan of), but reworked from the ground up as a stand-alone project. I'm really excited.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Whoa! I hadn't heard about that one- thanks for the info, Speed Tracer!
I have to agree- I watched a bit of the Teen Titans cartoon and I don't care much for it. (If it had used the same animation style of Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS and Justice League- it could've been kept in the same "universe" of sorts...) But it's obviously aimed at a younger audience that for some reason apparently enjoys the anime style of Japan... (I do like it on very select cartoons- but for the most part, I don't care for anime...)

Anyway- if "The Judas Contract" will be more along the lines of the comic books and include key characters like Wonder Girl and Kid Flash- this could definitely be good. It'll be cool to check out in any case. Right along with the Superman: Doomsday video and the new Justice League video.
:wink: :smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Whoa! I hadn't heard about that one- thanks for the info, Speed Tracer!
I have to agree- I watched a bit of the Teen Titans cartoon and I don't care much for it. (If it had used the same animation style of Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS and Justice League- it could've been kept in the same "universe" of sorts...) But it's obviously aimed at a younger audience that for some reason apparently enjoys the anime style of Japan... (I do like it on very select cartoons- but for the most part, I don't care for anime...)

Anyway- if "The Judas Contract" will be more along the lines of the comic books and include key characters like Wonder Girl and Kid Flash- this could definitely be good. It'll be cool to check out in any case. Right along with the Superman: Doomsday video and the new Justice League video.
:wink: :smile:
I'm really psyched about all three of these movies. Tons of awesome voice actors have been tapped... Adam Baldwin is playing Superman and James Marsters is Lex Luthor in Superman: Doomsday, for example. And Nathan Fillion is Hal Jordan in Justice League: The New Frontier!