Muppets on ESPN

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
I don't think I saw this anywhere on the forum, but Statler and Waldorf were on ESPN's SportsNation show today. They took part in a game on the show where they ask the hosts questions and the hosts pick how they think the "sports nation" answered the question. They had some good banter going on with the hosts Colin Cowherd and Michele Beadle. They had Michele laughing a good bit.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report. Very cool to see Statler and Waldorf talking sports. Hopefully the clips will surface on-line soon.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Gonzo and Kermit were also in a commercial on ESPN with the radio hosts for the show Mike and Mike in the Morning (ESPN 2, 6-10 a.m. if anyone wants to try and catch it again). Mike and Mike asked them why they weren't in the movie and Kermit and Gonzo told them they already had two grumpy old men.

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Statler and Waldorf were just on NFL Live poking fun at Mark Schlereth (which is extra cool to me because he helped my hometown team win a couple of Super Bowls!). It looks like it will re-air tonight at 8:00 (Pacific). It was also mentioned that Kermit and Gonzo will be on the show tomorrow.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Watching Mike & Mike in the Morning on ESPN2 from 6 to 10 AM EST as I usually do... (Well, it's actually 7 to 11 AM since daylight savings time is no longer in effect until March/April 2012).
But the important thing is... So far they've aired two short commercials with either host of the show and the Muppets!

The first commercial involves Kermit and Mike Greenberg talking about how it's not easy being green/Greenie.
The second commercial involves Mike Goelic and Gonzo and is funny!
Goelic tells Gonzo how he works with a different "Greenie", which prompts Gonzo to describe his green boss as having skinny arms and skinny legs and googly eyes... Which then prompts Goelic to say that both are somewhat alike and that maybe he does work with Kermit, to which Gonzo then yells "Keeeermit?!"

Will post again if there are more, not sure if there will be as this caught me by surprise.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're watching this morning, they're airing behind-the-scene footage of the taping of yesterday's commercials. Still funny. :laugh:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*ROTFL! Okay... Just keep watching Mike & Mike in the Morning today.
Those commercials they shot that I reported on yesterday? They're actually part of a longer segment presented every Friday on the show called the Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks where they pick three football games against the point spread or each other.
:concern: That sounds dangerous!
:smile:: It is Gonzo.
:concern: Especially if you're hit to the back of the head.
Spoken like a weirdo of experience.

The entire feature will air again later today at 9:30 AM EST, and then it'll be uploaded to their page on the ESPN Radio or ESPN TV website.
Job well done boys, clearly the best of the entire year.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
I got to hear the Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks segment on the radio this morning on the way out. I saw some of the one commercial where a bunch of the Muppet spots were put together - with Beaker and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. Good stuff.

Greenie and Goelic talked about how awesome it was to get to work with the Muppets.