Muppets From Space on October 17 2024

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure if this belongs in the Muppet Headlines section, so if it gets moved you know why.

Just finished reading through the potential schedule for Freeform's 2024 31 Nights of Halloween programming—although schedules are subject to change since we're still a full month out from the October 1 2024. Anyhew, it's been announced that Muppets From Space will air as part of the programming block. MFS will unfortunately air only once, at 12:00 AM EDT when October 17 turns into October 18 2024. So if you're not staying up that late, you'll miss it.

What's weird is that with the inclusions of Hocus Pocus 2 (2022) and Haunted Mansion (2023) getting World TV premieres that Muppets Haunted Mansion (2021) wasn't included instead.

Hope this helps, catch you on the fright side.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So Muppets From Space is now considered a Halloween movie? I guess that makes sense, but I've never seen it packaged/advertised as one until now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh, I wouldn't call MFS a Halloween movie per say, it's a family movie that Freeform feels they "allowed" to fill up a slot in the 31 Days of Halloween programming block. After all, they include other movies that I certainly wouldn't call Halloween movies like the annoying inclusion of Mrs. Doubtfire or the fact they're going to use October 19 to air four out of five of the POTC movies.