Muppets From Space Behind Scenes Photo

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
http://www.gearbox.net/portfolio/gearbox/movies_muppets.html :concern:

It's a shot of Gonzo on the lab table with Dr. Phil Van Neuter standing by him; performers below. Accompanies this article and other photos:
On-Screen Animation for 'Muppets from Space'
In the winter of 1998, I was fortunate enough to land the screen graphics supervisor role on the Sony / Columbia Pictures film, Muppets from Space. It was an awful lot of fun to work on. Even just hanging around was a blast. The art direction was highly stylized and there was a fairly tight range that I was allowed to work within. While this was challenging, it was very rewarding to work on a film that I had so much involvement in. All in all, there were about 15 unique screen animations that were created for the film. Below, you'll find some screens and video clips from them.

Screenshots
Although most of these screens occupied scenes in the film that were eventually cut to keep the film short enough for kids, they're still fun to look at. If I can get my hands on a copy of the director's cut, I'll see if I can upload some short clips.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It really is.

I've noticed Bill Barretta almost always does Van Neuter's hands... Must be like Jim Henson and Frank Oz's collaboration for the Swedish Chef.

Ryan

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Cool stuff! Thanks Foz!
There's over like 30 of those on one site around the web, and they're all really cool, from different scenes in the film..if I find it again, I'll post it.