Muppets and the Constitution

Evelyn

Reaction score
Hey all, my name is Evelyn and I need some help from some Muppet experts. I hope this is the right place to find it!

I'm doing some research and would love to find a specific (video) reference made in any of the Muppets media about the Constitution, Bill of Rights, or the American dream. I found a clip of them re-enacting the Continental Congress, but otherwise haven't had any luck. If anyone has any ideas/information, or even just a direction to look in, it would really help me out!

Thanks so much! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to MC. There is the spoken segment from the Stars and Stripes VirMup (viral Muppet) video where :attitude: recites a portion of the Constitution's preamble. And then there's the American Revolution sketch from Sesame Street where Mr. :super: helps Thomas Jefferson as portrayed by Don Music find a quill with which to write the Declaration of Independence. Hope this helps.

PS: You can also check the Muppet Wiki, then post in the Lots of MUP3's thread if you need the pertinent song/sketch files.

Thanks for coming and have fun exploring the rest of the forums. :wisdom: :batty:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I once saw the Muppets in the Continental Congress discussing the Declaration.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Just popping in to say:

Oh, there's no fire in the fireplace
There's no carpet on the floor
Don't try to order dinner
There's no kitchen anymore
But if the road's been kinda bumpy
And you need to rest a spell
Well, welcome home to Happiness Hotel
If you've got luggage keep it handy
But you're running out of luck
'Cause the bellhops ain't to organized
And the elevator's stuck
Still if you don't mind friendly animals
And can learn to stand the smell
Well, welcome home to Happiness Hotel!!! :big_grin::sing::cool:

Hope you enjoy your time here!!! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Muppets appeared in the "I Love Liberty" TV special in 1982 where they reenacted the 2nd Continental Congress, is that what you're referring to?