Muppet Quotes!

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Anyone like to try a thread on great Muppet quotes?
The quote can be from a Muppet or Muppeteer or any Henson family member or Henson employee, and hopefully you can provide the source of the quote.

Here’s one to get started:

Dr. Teeth:
“This is a narrative of very heavy duty proportion”

Source: the Muppet Movie

Rowlf+Buster

Reaction score
Rizzo: We're standing in a room with A DEAD GUY!!!
Rizzo + Gonzo: AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MTI

Piggy; HIIIIIIII-YAAAAAAAAAA :mad:
Fozzie: WOCKA WOCK WOCKA! :embarrassed:
Kermit: Hi-Ho and welcome again to the muppet show :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
There are already a zillion threads on this topic. To find them, do a search for "quotes."

Skekayuk

Reaction score
There may be many other threads on this topic, but some us like collecting quotes (I understand that some people - such as those working for Russell Group Universities - do not approve of such a hobby, but you don't have to read these threads if you don't approve of them).

Anyway, one quote I very much like which happens to fit OveUnderAround's definitiion of a "Muppet" quote is the following one (by a Muppeteer) on the subject of performing TV comedy;

"I’m prepared to take risks because sometimes you have to fail to be brilliant” Louise Gold; Source: interview by Jane McCarthy inTHE RADIO TIMES, p13, 27 October - 2 November 1984

The interview this comes from was actually to do with the comedy show Laugh...? I Nearly Paid My Licence Fee.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Here's a nice one.

Candice Bergen honoring Jim Henson on an Emmy broadcast after his passing:

"The Writer Robert Lewis Stevenson once wrote: 'That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who has gained the respect of intelligent men and the love of children; who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; who leaves the world better than he found it, who looked for the best in others and gave the best he had.' That sounds like a perfect description of my friend...Jim Henson."